London Banter

-   -   Why was Waterloo shutdown on Wednesday the 6th, 8:30am? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4762-why-waterloo-shutdown-wednesday-6th.html)

[email protected] December 7th 06 03:46 AM

Why was Waterloo shutdown on Wednesday the 6th, 8:30am?

I never found out why and can find no references to the event on the
web.

Its like it never happened!!

Paul Corfield December 7th 06 05:07 PM

On 6 Dec 2006 19:46:06 -0800, wrote:

I never found out why and can find no references to the event on the
web.

I assume you mean the LU station?

Its like it never happened!!

Waterloo LU was closed because the station was overcrowded. This
resulted from problems on the Bakerloo and Northern lines where there
were signal and train failures that reduced the numbers of trains
running at the height of the peak. As Waterloo gets very overcrowded
very quickly at platform level then it was necessary to stop people
entering the station.

--
Paul C