Old December 12th 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Line- and Stationlists, time from station to station

I wonder if there is a list to download somewhere from all lines and
stations in LU - so I do not have to enter them all myself.

What I am looking for as well is a list of station to station time for all
connections, in seconds or so (average times I guess).

Did someone put together how long it takes to walk from one line to another,
for the stations that serve more than one line? I'd also like to know if
there is a list of the train freqeuncy for each line and time of day to
estimate how long a line change might take...

Aaand of course is there something around the www listing the time (again in
seconds) how long it takes to walk surface level between stations where it
makes sense (Bank and Tower Gateway for example, or Oxford Circus and
Tottenham court road I think a pretty close)

And why all that? With information like that, or parts of it, one could
write his own journey planner... or, more precise, a planner that could be
used on a mobile phone or similar device!

Does not make much sense?
No, I guess not... but my new mobile is there, it supports own Java code, I
am bored, looking to learn how to best route a way to network... and...
well, that is about it.

So, anybody know where parts of such time tables can be found, did someone
already compile part of that information?

Cheers!
Ralf

Old December 12th 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Ralf Mayer wrote:

I wonder if there is a list to download somewhere from all lines and
stations in LU - so I do not have to enter them all myself.

CULG:

http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/

For each line, look under 'layout'. You'll have to parse it, but it's not
hard - Clive is very consistent in his formatting!

Note that if you want to redistribute the information, you'd have to get
Clive's permission.

What I am looking for as well is a list of station to station time for
all connections, in seconds or so (average times I guess).

You can determine that from some timetables:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/firstandlast/

Although that's only down to minutes, and you have a bit of a
cut-and-paste job to get it into a form you can munge.

Did someone put together how long it takes to walk from one line to another,
for the stations that serve more than one line?

Not that i'm aware of. This would indeed be useful!

I'd also like to know if there is a list of the train freqeuncy for each
line and time of day to estimate how long a line change might take...

CULG gives a breakdown of the service pattern, from which you can work out
the frequencies. I don't know how up-to-date it is, but i'd guess quite.

Aaand of course is there something around the www listing the time
(again in seconds) how long it takes to walk surface level between
stations where it makes sense (Bank and Tower Gateway for example, or
Oxford Circus and Tottenham court road I think a pretty close)

Not that i'm aware of.

Both the interchange times and walking times can be determined from plans
give to you by the TfL journey planner:

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

But, absent a reasonably sophisticated screen-scraper, you'd have to do it
by hand.

And why all that? With information like that, or parts of it, one could
write his own journey planner... or, more precise, a planner that could
be used on a mobile phone or similar device!

And do a multitude of other interesting things, such as plot isochrone
maps.

tom

--
Can we fix it? Yes we can!