Old January 8th 07, 07:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Question for TomTom owners

On my TomTom ONE, I find that when I ask for a route to

City: London, Address: 64 Mansfield Road (Hampstead) or
City: London, Address: 66 Mansfield Road (Hampstead)

.... it works, but when I try...

City: London, Address: 65 Mansfield Road (Hampstead)

.... it plots a route to Mansfield Road (Walthamstow)!

Does anyone else get this? I am using software version 6.150, but it
happened with the old version too.

Old January 8th 07, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
On my TomTom ONE, I find that when I ask for a route to

City: London, Address: 64 Mansfield Road (Hampstead) or
City: London, Address: 66 Mansfield Road (Hampstead)

... it works, but when I try...

City: London, Address: 65 Mansfield Road (Hampstead)

... it plots a route to Mansfield Road (Walthamstow)!

Does anyone else get this? I am using software version 6.150, but it
happened with the old version too.

That's because, according to the postcode directory, the only "65
Mansfield Road" in London is the one in E17. Mansfield Road, Hampstead,
NW3 has 65a and 65b but no 65.

--
Richard J.

Old January 9th 07, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
On my TomTom ONE, I find that when I ask for a route to

City: London, Address: 64 Mansfield Road (Hampstead) or
City: London, Address: 66 Mansfield Road (Hampstead)

... it works, but when I try...

City: London, Address: 65 Mansfield Road (Hampstead)

... it plots a route to Mansfield Road (Walthamstow)!

Does anyone else get this? I am using software version 6.150, but it
happened with the old version too.

That's because, according to the postcode directory, the only "65
Mansfield Road" in London is the one in E17. Mansfield Road,
Hampstead, NW3 has 65a and 65b but no 65.

But since the TomTom doesn't allow you to input As and Bs, the only way you
can ask for 65a is to ask for 65. And after you've already told it you want
the Mansfield Rd in Hampstead, giving you the one in Walthamstow is not
useful behaviour.

Old January 9th 07, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Richard J. wrote:

That's because, according to the postcode directory, the only "65
Mansfield Road" in London is the one in E17. Mansfield Road,
Hampstead, NW3 has 65a and 65b but no 65.

But since the TomTom doesn't allow you to input As and Bs, the only
way you can ask for 65a is to ask for 65. And after you've already
told it you want the Mansfield Rd in Hampstead, giving you the one in
Walthamstow is not useful behaviour.

Version 6.520 of the software redirects me to 64 Mansfield Road
Hampstead when I input No. 65.
--
Malcolm

Tomtom John Rowland London Transport 8 June 9th 06 10:47 AM
Big car owners face tax hike dave F London Transport 11 October 20th 03 12:45 PM