Old January 22nd 07, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Strange TfL Travel News at midday

"METROPOLITAN LINE: Severe delays are occurring between Baker Street and
Harrow-on-the-Hill due to an earlier signalling problem at Wembley Park.
Good service on the rest of the line."

How can you have severe delays in the middle due to an *earlier* problem,
but a good service on the rest of the line?

Old January 26th 07, 08:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

It does seem strange, but considering the service we had at Amersham
all last week I would think the report is slightly optimistic!

Consider that on the Met line, trains run Amersham and Watford to Baker
Street, and Uxbridge to Aldgate through the day, it is possible that a
good service can be maintained, with trains turning at Harrow and Baker
Street, to maintain the service at the 3 ends of the line. Quite often
trains are turned short of destination, to keep the gaps filled in key
areas. Usually this means more trains are kept in London than out in
the country, but given the delays we've experienced lately we should be
grateful for any trains anywhere!

Old January 26th 07, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 -
It does seem strange, but considering the service we had at Amersham
all last week I would think the report is slightly optimistic!

How accurate are these travel alerts for all of the Met line? BBC
London radio was saying the Met was closed Rickmansworth to Amersham on
one day last week, but the Internet just said delays. I caught a train
from Amersham and while going through Chorleywood listened to BBC London
radio who told me the line was still closed?

Today I received an email alert saying the Met was suspended Harrow to
Watford and Amersham, yet the TFL web site said OK and I caught a
Chiltern service home and did not notice any problems with met trains?

Are the far outposts of Amersham and Watford too far for the TFL
information machine to keep up to date with?

--
Matthew P Jones
www.ThisIsAmersham.com www.amersham.org.uk www.metroland.org.uk
Old January 27th 07, 09:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:06:04 -0000, Matthew P Jones

wrote on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 -
It does seem strange, but considering the service we had at Amersham
all last week I would think the report is slightly optimistic!

How accurate are these travel alerts for all of the Met line? BBC
London radio was saying the Met was closed Rickmansworth to Amersham on
one day last week, but the Internet just said delays. I caught a train
from Amersham and while going through Chorleywood listened to BBC London
radio who told me the line was still closed?

Today I received an email alert saying the Met was suspended Harrow to
Watford and Amersham, yet the TFL web site said OK and I caught a
Chiltern service home and did not notice any problems with met trains?

FYI, yesterday (Fri) I got off a Northbound Jubly at Finchley Rd at 6pm.
The announcement being made at that time was to the effect that the Met on
plat 1 would now proceed beyond Harrow to Watford. I got the impression
that the line had reopened just that minute.

HTH

--
Fig