Old August 7th 03, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU peak services

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote:
In article ,
(Peter Smyth) wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in message
A recent e-mail from LU Customer Services said "Since September 1996
the
Piccadilly Line timetable has offered by far the most intensive
service
anywhere on the London Underground network." This seems a doubtful
statement, even ignoring the fact that the frequency was cut back in
September 2002.

Can anyone with access to the current working timetables tell me the
peak
trains per hour on the trunk section of each of the major lines?
I'm only
interested in the morning and evening peak services in Central
London. (Ignore the Met.)

Looking at the TfL Journey Planner it has the following number of
trains for
each line between 0800 and 0830.

Bakerloo: 11
Central: 15
Jubilee: 12
Northern (CX): 10
Northern (Bank): 10
Northern (South): 15
Piccadilly: 12
Victoria: 14
Circle (North): 14
Circle (South): 14

As for off-peak frequencies (in trains per hour)

Bakerloo: 18
Central: 18
Jubilee: 16
Northern (CX): 15
Northern (Bank): 15
Northern (South): 20
Piccadilly: 21
Victoria: 18
Circle (North): 21
Circle (South): 25.5

Peter Smyth

Did you get the peak/off peak figures the right way round? Off peak
seems busier than the peak! Northern Line figures don't look right ,
though.

His peak figures are for half an hour. The Northern line figures he
quotes
are therefore as follows, in trains per hour:
Peak Off-peak
Northern (CX) 20 15
Northern (Bank) 20 15
Northern (South) 30 20

(Thanks, Peter, by the way. Very useful.)

--
Richard J.

Ah, that makes more sense - I didn't pay much attention to the actual time
span being ½ hour.

Roger