Old March 29th 07, 09:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Croxley Rail Link Petition

There is now an oline petition to find funding for the building the
Croxley Rail Link, please take the time to sign it.

Click he We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to find
funding for the Metropolitan Line extension to Watford Junc

Many thanks

John Burke
WRUG

Old March 29th 07, 11:07 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

burkey wrote:
There is now an oline petition to find funding for the building the
Croxley Rail Link, please take the time to sign it.

Click he We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to find
funding for the Metropolitan Line extension to Watford Junc

Where's the link, John?

Old March 29th 07, 01:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

On Mar 29, 10:38 am, "burkey" wrote:
There is now an oline petition to find funding for the building the
Croxley Rail Link, please take the time to sign it.

Click he We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to find
funding for the Metropolitan Line extension to Watford Junc

Many thanks

John Burke
WRUG

Why doesn't Tony's mate Ken fund it, now TfL controls the dc lines out
to watford Junc as well. Mind you Ken is up to his eyeballs funding
the East London Line, North London Line and the Olympics.
Maybe they have sussed that there isn't really the local will for this
link.

Kevin

Old March 29th 07, 01:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Kev wrote:
Why doesn't Tony's mate Ken fund it, now TfL controls the dc lines out
to watford Junc as well. Mind you Ken is up to his eyeballs funding
the East London Line, North London Line and the Olympics.
Maybe they have sussed that there isn't really the local will for this
link.

Depends where 'local' is. For those of us out to the west or north-west of
Watford (and probably the south-west as well) a direct link to Watford
Junction and West Coast Main Line services would be warmly welcomed. The
long trek from Watford Met, across Cassiobury Park and down Rickmansworth
Road, is exceedingly tiresome!

Old March 29th 07, 01:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

On Mar 29, 2:38 pm, "Jack Taylor" wrote:
Kev wrote:
Why doesn't Tony's mate Ken fund it, now TfL controls the dc lines out
to watford Junc as well. Mind you Ken is up to his eyeballs funding
the East London Line, North London Line and the Olympics.
Maybe they have sussed that there isn't really the local will for this
link.

Depends where 'local' is. For those of us out to the west or north-west of
Watford (and probably the south-west as well) a direct link to Watford
Junction and West Coast Main Line services would be warmly welcomed. The
long trek from Watford Met, across Cassiobury Park and down Rickmansworth
Road, is exceedingly tiresome!

Ask the general populace of SW Herts about what they thought of the
Croxley rail link and I doubt that 95% would know what you were
talking about. Probabley need to make that 98%.
Bearing in mind that the bulk of WCML users will be business users
they will be using taxi or private car to Watford Junc anyway so I
don't think that they will be too bothered.

Kevin

Old March 29th 07, 02:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
THC THC is offline

Jack, try http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Croxleylink/

Kev, I'm sure you're aware that TfL have already committed funding to
this project - £18m if memory serves me - as part of their five-year
investment programme. This project would provide excellent network
benefits and open up the commercial centre of Watford to rail access
from large parts of north-west London and south Bucks. It suffers for
falling between the gaps in public sector responsibility but is backed
locally, regionally and in the Government Office for the region.
Someone at DfT needs to have their arse kicked, I think,
metaphorically speaking of course. I for one hope this project gets
the go-ahead.

THC

Old March 29th 07, 02:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mar 29, 3:06 pm, "THC" wrote:
Kev, I'm sure you're aware that TfL have already committed funding to
this project - £18m if memory serves me - as part of their five-year
investment programme. This project would provide excellent network
benefits and open up the commercial centre of Watford to rail access
from large parts of north-west London and south Bucks. It suffers for
falling between the gaps in public sector responsibility but is backed
locally, regionally and in the Government Office for the region.
Someone at DfT needs to have their arse kicked, I think,
metaphorically speaking of course. I for one hope this project gets
the go-ahead.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious , but if the goal is to get the
tube to watford junction wouldn't it be a damn site cheaper just to re-
extend the Bakerloo line there? Who realistically is going to go all
round the houses via the met line from central london? No doubt there
will be a small amount of local traffic but realistically I doubt it
will amount to much and certainly not enough to justify what will
probably be quite an expensive project (bridges don't come cheap plus
all the track + signalling will probably need renewing since its been
left to rot by NR for 6 years).

B2003

Old March 29th 07, 03:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

THC wrote:
Jack, try http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Croxleylink/

Thank you!

Old March 29th 07, 04:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 29 Mar, 15:30, "Boltar" wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something obvious , but if the goal is to get the
tube to watford junction wouldn't it be a damn site cheaper just to re-
extend the Bakerloo line there? Who realistically is going to go all
round the houses via the met line from central london? No doubt there
will be a small amount of local traffic but realistically I doubt it
will amount to much and certainly not enough to justify what will
probably be quite an expensive project (bridges don't come cheap plus
all the track + signalling will probably need renewing since its been
left to rot by NR for 6 years).

It's for local traffic (one suggestion is Aylesbury to Watford trains)
and to connect developments in west Watford with Watford Junction. The
existing Met Watford branch does a healthy trade, despite its stupid
location.

The main service from Watford to London is Silverlink County (22
minutes to Euston), so no one would get either tube line all the way
anyway.

Old March 29th 07, 05:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote

Maybe I'm missing something obvious , but if the goal is to get the
tube to watford junction wouldn't it be a damn site cheaper just to re-
extend the Bakerloo line there? Who realistically is going to go all
round the houses via the met line from central london?

AIUI the Bakerloo will take over the Watford New Line in a few years time.
The purpose of the Croxley Link iis for connection with the WCML and access
to Watford High Street. The stub to Watford Met is badly sited and could be
abandoned, leaving land with development value which will contribute to the
cost of building the link.

Peter