Old May 1st 07, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Euston to Kings Cross - quickest way?

Furhter to my recent Kings Cross Thameslink post (thanks for the replies),
what is the quickest route from Euston station to Kings Cross station? I
want to make a quick transfer this Friday, and would rather not use a bus.
Is it faster to walk down Euston Road (I'm a brisk walker) or catch the
Victoria/Northern line?

Old May 1st 07, 02:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Toby wrote:

Furhter to my recent Kings Cross Thameslink post (thanks for the replies),
what is the quickest route from Euston station to Kings Cross station? I
want to make a quick transfer this Friday, and would rather not use a bus.
Is it faster to walk down Euston Road (I'm a brisk walker) or catch the
Victoria/Northern line?

It's a short walk for a brisky person.

E.

Old May 1st 07, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

eastender wrote:
Toby wrote:

Furhter to my recent Kings Cross Thameslink post (thanks for the
replies), what is the quickest route from Euston station to Kings
Cross station? I want to make a quick transfer this Friday, and
would rather not use a bus. Is it faster to walk down Euston Road
(I'm a brisk walker) or catch the Victoria/Northern line?

It's a short walk for a brisky person.

It's a short walk, full stop. But I'm lazy, so I'd use the tube. Providing
you're not waiting too long for a train, it's marginally quicker.

Old May 1st 07, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 1 May 2007 13:35:58 +0100, "Toby" wrote:

Furhter to my recent Kings Cross Thameslink post (thanks for the replies),
what is the quickest route from Euston station to Kings Cross station? I
want to make a quick transfer this Friday, and would rather not use a bus.
Is it faster to walk down Euston Road (I'm a brisk walker) or catch the
Victoria/Northern line?

Provided the V/N lines are working, it might be marginally quicker --
I don't think it's worth the risk, though, as it's a *long* way down
to the tube platforms from the NR platforms at Euston. I think you're
better off walking all the way.
Old May 1st 07, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Victoria would be the quickest, as it's the most frequent and fastest
of the tube lines.

Old May 1st 07, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Toby wrote:
Furhter to my recent Kings Cross Thameslink post (thanks for the replies),
what is the quickest route from Euston station to Kings Cross station? I
want to make a quick transfer this Friday, and would rather not use a bus.

I'd probably walk so that I could break into a run if I knew I was
running late.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old May 1st 07, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 1 May 2007 13:35:58 +0100, "Toby" wrote:

Furhter to my recent Kings Cross Thameslink post (thanks for the replies),
what is the quickest route from Euston station to Kings Cross station? I
want to make a quick transfer this Friday, and would rather not use a bus.
Is it faster to walk down Euston Road (I'm a brisk walker) or catch the
Victoria/Northern line?

By the time you've reached the tube platforms at Euston you could
probably be 1/3 of the way there at a brisk pace. It's not terribly far
- the only issue you're likely to encounter are the roadworks near St
Pancras / KX but there is space to get through there adequately and
you're unlikely to encounter massed hordes of people late in the
evening.
--
Paul C

Old May 2nd 07, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 1 May 2007 13:35:58 +0100, Toby wrote:

Furhter to my recent Kings Cross Thameslink post (thanks for the replies),
what is the quickest route from Euston station to Kings Cross station? I
want to make a quick transfer this Friday, and would rather not use a bus.
Is it faster to walk down Euston Road (I'm a brisk walker) or catch the
Victoria/Northern line?

There's probably almost as much walking involved in taking the Tube as
there is walking along Euston Road. It's probably less effort, and
just as quick, to just walk the whole way.
Old May 3rd 07, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Toby wrote:
Furhter to my recent Kings Cross Thameslink post (thanks for the replies),
what is the quickest route from Euston station to Kings Cross station? I
want to make a quick transfer this Friday, and would rather not use a bus.
Is it faster to walk down Euston Road (I'm a brisk walker) or catch the
Victoria/Northern line?

By the time you've got down to the tube platforms, waited for a train,
and got back up again, you might as well have walked it.

--

Stephen

I've Googled till I just can't Google no more.
Old May 7th 07, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 May, 22:23, Paul Corfield wrote:
you're unlikely to encounter massed hordes of people late in the
evening.

But over the years, I've encountered a number of well dressed people
asking me if I can lend them some money as they've just been mugged,
run out of petrol, (insert excuse here) on the short walk between the
stations. Having heard these stories so many times (and if you've been
mugged, you call the police), I just tell them to get lost - in a
nice, don't want to end up stabbed, kind of way.

Never have figured out why it has happened so often there! I guess if
you walk fast enough you'll reduce the chances of being 'stopped'.

Jonathan