Old May 21st 07, 08:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default First Capital Connect fare rise last weekend?

Someone pointed out that fares from Potters Bar to Oakleigh Park seem to
have nearly douled over the weekend - the booking office charged £25
instead of £15 for a 7 day ticket.

Checking online, my annual has gone from £552 to £1040 - bizarrely this is
the same fare as from Welwyn Garden City to Oakleigh Park!

I thought this might have been as a result of the zonal fares being imposed
on NR customers but this started in January according to the NR website.

Have emailed FCC but it's the usual five days to respond presuming they can
find a standard response to fit my question.