Old August 18th 03, 03:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Flash Mobbing

"Richard J." wrote in message
Joe Patrick wrote:
With all this Flash Mobbing going on a crazy idea sprung into my
head. Since there has been instances of Photographers turned away
from Stations such as Kings Cross and the like why dont you organise
a Flash Mobbing where loads of people turn up and take photos and see
what the security staff try to do about it. Just one of my Ideas -
what do you Think?

It would have to be a Non-Flash Mob to avoid dazzling drivers and other
staff with hundreds of camera flashes.
--
Richard J.

Damn you got there before me...

Old August 18th 03, 03:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Sam Wilson" wrote in message

"FREE TIBET!!!"

...with every packet of Kellogs Cornflakes. : )

Must be one of the offers you have to send off for - you'd never get

it
in the packet.

Haven't you seen the new miniature 'Tibettes', they'd fit

Old August 18th 03, 05:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Joe Patrick
writes
With all this Flash Mobbing going on a crazy idea sprung into my head.
Since there has been instances of Photographers turned away from
Stations such as Kings Cross and the like why dont you organise a Flash
Mobbing where loads of people turn up and take photos and see what the
security staff try to do about it. Just one of my Ideas - what do you
Think?

Because they would just close the station on safety grounds
(overcrowding) before even half the people managed to get in.
--
CJG
Old August 18th 03, 05:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message
In message , Joe Patrick
writes
With all this Flash Mobbing going on a crazy idea sprung into my head.
Since there has been instances of Photographers turned away from
Stations such as Kings Cross and the like why dont you organise a Flash
Mobbing where loads of people turn up and take photos and see what the
security staff try to do about it. Just one of my Ideas - what do you
Think?

Because they would just close the station on safety grounds
(overcrowding) before even half the people managed to get in.

And they'd probably take an even harder line against enthusiasts - even to
the extent of an all-out ban? I fear such a stunt could backfire with
disastrous results.

--
*** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ *** - updated 10 August
Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk

Old August 18th 03, 06:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , John
Mullen writes
Hmm, well maybe if it was a crowd of unarmed teenagers with their backs to
him and he had a gun he would have a chance...

If they were also trespassing on his property with an intent to commit
further crimes and the police had abdicated from their responsibility to
protect said property then you would be correct...
--
James Masterton - www.masterton.co.uk

Old August 18th 03, 08:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message

With all this Flash Mobbing going on a crazy idea sprung
into my head. Since there has been instances of
Photographers turned away from Stations such as
Kings Cross and the like why dont you organise a
Flash Mobbing where loads of people turn up and
take photos and see what the security staff try to do
about it. Just one of my Ideas - what do you Think?

If you're that short of useful things to do, I've got a shed needs painting.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 18th 03, 10:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

With all this Flash Mobbing going on a crazy idea sprung into my head.
Since
there has been instances of Photographers turned away from Stations such

as
Kings Cross and the like why dont you organise a Flash Mobbing where

loads
of people turn up and take photos and see what the security staff try to

do
about it. Just one of my Ideas - what do you Think?

The principle of mobbing is that there is no point to it - if there was a
motive, it wouldn't be mobbing.

Old August 19th 03, 08:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

If you're that short of useful things to do, I've got a shed needs
painting.

I see a Pink, White, Blue and White Shed with Gold 'F's over it
--
To reply direct, Remove NOSPAM and Replace with 21fun
For the latest News, Information and Photos check out

Old August 19th 03, 11:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Tony Martin

"Richard" wrote in message

If Tony Martin had been attacked by these people he would have got away

with
it.

snip

Take it somewhere more relevent, please. This is uk.railway and
uk.transport.london, not uk.letsdiscusstonymartin, no matter how interesting
the debate. I'll leave you to choose a more appropriate group!

FU: alt.dev.null

Old August 19th 03, 11:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In uk.railway Richard twisted the electrons to say:
If he had fired anywhere other than straight along at body height (as
anyone who has ever picked up a gun knows is incredibly dangerous) he
would probably have got away with it.

Maybe he should've taken the advice of a (IIRC) New Zealand Chief
Constable who said if you had to shoot someone who broke into your house
the very next thing you should do was fire a shot into the ceiling/floor
so you can claim you fired a warning shot ...

Of course, in certain US states I believe you don't want to fire a warning
shot as legally that is taken to show that you where not out of options
short of lethal force.

He didn't, he shot two people in the back, killing one of them.

Well at least one of them won't be repeat offending then, and maybe the
other one will think twice before "breaking & entering" again ... Yeah,
unlikely I know ... :-(