Old October 12th 07, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Yipee! increased TFL staff pass validity.

Just in case any of those of us with TFL staff or nominee passes missed it,
an item appeared on the intranet today stating that from SOT 11/11/07 all
TFL staff and nominee passes will be valid on all the bits of that we're
nicking off Silverlink, WLL, NLL & GoBLin. Planning my sight-seeing trip to
the great wall of Shepherds Bush even as I type:-)

--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.

Old October 12th 07, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Dulieu wrote:
Just in case any of those of us with TFL staff or nominee passes
missed it, an item appeared on the intranet today stating that from
SOT 11/11/07 all TFL staff and nominee passes will be valid on all
the bits of that we're nicking off Silverlink, WLL, NLL & GoBLin.
Planning my sight-seeing trip to the great wall of Shepherds Bush
even as I type:-)

What about the DC service from Euston to Watford Junction? Will your
pass be valid all the way or only to the zone 6 boundary at Hatch End?

--
Richard J.

Old October 12th 07, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:03:19 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

Just in case any of those of us with TFL staff or nominee passes missed it,
an item appeared on the intranet today stating that from SOT 11/11/07 all
TFL staff and nominee passes will be valid on all the bits of that we're
nicking off Silverlink, WLL, NLL & GoBLin. Planning my sight-seeing trip to
the great wall of Shepherds Bush even as I type:-)

--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.

Your anti-spam message never seemed so appropriate :-)
Old October 12th 07, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
.uk...
Steve Dulieu wrote:
Just in case any of those of us with TFL staff or nominee passes
missed it, an item appeared on the intranet today stating that from
SOT 11/11/07 all TFL staff and nominee passes will be valid on all
the bits of that we're nicking off Silverlink, WLL, NLL & GoBLin.
Planning my sight-seeing trip to the great wall of Shepherds Bush
even as I type:-)

What about the DC service from Euston to Watford Junction? Will your pass
be valid all the way or only to the zone 6 boundary at Hatch End?

All the way to WJ the TFL wage slaves will not have to pay!

Old October 12th 07, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
.uk...
Steve Dulieu wrote:
Just in case any of those of us with TFL staff or nominee passes
missed it, an item appeared on the intranet today stating that from
SOT 11/11/07 all TFL staff and nominee passes will be valid on all
the bits of that we're nicking off Silverlink, WLL, NLL & GoBLin.
Planning my sight-seeing trip to the great wall of Shepherds Bush
even as I type:-)

What about the DC service from Euston to Watford Junction? Will your pass
be valid all the way or only to the zone 6 boundary at Hatch End?

Pass validity aside for the moment - won't there have to be a complete
rearrangement of zonal fares in that area, similar to the outer reaches of
the Metropolitan's ABC&D? Presume they can't simply move zone 6, because
Watford Junction towards London will still have West Midland & Southern
services?

I don't remember this being discussed before, but it'll have to be done
quickly, cos LU ticketing and Oyster PAYG is due there next month...

Paul S

Old October 12th 07, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:03:48 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in message
o.uk...
Steve Dulieu wrote:
Just in case any of those of us with TFL staff or nominee passes
missed it, an item appeared on the intranet today stating that from
SOT 11/11/07 all TFL staff and nominee passes will be valid on all
the bits of that we're nicking off Silverlink, WLL, NLL & GoBLin.
Planning my sight-seeing trip to the great wall of Shepherds Bush
even as I type:-)

What about the DC service from Euston to Watford Junction? Will your pass
be valid all the way or only to the zone 6 boundary at Hatch End?

All the way to WJ the TFL wage slaves will not have to pay!

To be fair all TfL staff passes are already valid to Watford Junction so
it isn't an increase in validity.

The rest is very welcome indeed and I'm looking forward to using the
services more often and not having to queue to buy priv tickets at
Blackhorse Road!
--
Paul C

Old October 13th 07, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:03:48 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in message
. co.uk...
Steve Dulieu wrote:
[...]

And not only but also, sets a very nice precedent come the ELL...

Old October 13th 07, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 00:20:17 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:03:48 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in message
.co.uk...
Steve Dulieu wrote:
[...]

I don't see that anyone has anything to be concerned about when it comes
to the ELLX. I think it will be automatic that staff pass validity is
extended over the routes.

In another place someone has posed the question concerning validity on
Southern's services on the WLL / NLL (Clapham - Harrow). That has not
been mentioned in the TfL announcement so the new validity may be
confined to Overground services.

If that's the case then any ELLX validity beyond the New Crosses would,
I assume, only be on Overground trains to Croydon / Crystal Palace.

The other final issue is whether anything is done to allow a wider set
of concessions for NR and TfL staff using the concept of the Oyster PTAC
card and reduced rate travel on services that are not free. When
Smartcards are extended to NR it would be easy to offer such a facility
as TfL has done on the LU network. Whether there will be an industry
appetite to provide a more generous concession (for joiners post 1996)
remains to be seen.
--
Paul C

Old October 13th 07, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Oct, 00:06, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Richard J." wrote:

Steve Dulieu wrote:
[...]

It has been discussed before here, but quite a while back, and it was
just people speculating about what will happen.

Dare I suggest that as nothing has been heard on this front perhaps
Oyster PAYG might not be immediately extended beyond Harrow and
Wealdstone (H&W) - or if it is it won't be extended beyond Hatch End
(the last station in zone 6) - at least not yet.

It would be a bit confusing situation for passengers for Oyster PAYG
to be valid from Watford Junction only on the stopping service -
especially as Oyster PAYG is valid on both the fasts and the stoppers
between H&W and Euston - but I can see that London Midland* might not
be too happy at this loss of control and possibly revenue that might
entail from accepting Oyster PAYG on their WJ to Euston fasts.

So passengers at Watford Junction might end up with a two-tiered fare
structure. I await developments on this with interest.

-----
* London Midland being the new Govia-owned TOC that takes over the
Silverlink County (i.e. fast WCML) services from 11 November.

Old October 13th 07, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote:

Steve Dulieu wrote:
[...]

Oyster PAYG will be extended to Watford Junction but there will be no
change to the zonal validity of Travelcards nor of Freedom Passes. I
know no more than this (via another group) so it is a case of wait and
see.
--
Paul C