Old October 18th 07, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo - strange working

Was waiting for the 16:12 to Basingstoke today and noticed a delayed train
to Hounslow - stopping at Nine Elms Junction, West London Junction and
Richmond then Hounslow.

As I am 'merely' a daily commuter on SW Trains I am puzzled - was this a one
off or something they didn't mean to show on the regular departure board.

Thanks.

Old October 19th 07, 12:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Neil Hitchens wrote:
Was waiting for the 16:12 to Basingstoke today and noticed a
delayed train to Hounslow - stopping at Nine Elms Junction, West
London Junction and Richmond then Hounslow.

As I am 'merely' a daily commuter on SW Trains I am puzzled - was
this a one off or something they didn't mean to show on the regular
departure board.

It certainly shouldn't have been shown like that because there is no
station at Nine Elms Junction (where the Eurostar route leaves the SWT
lines, between Vauxhall and Queenstown Road), nor at West London
Junction (where there is a connection to the West London Line, between
Queenstown Road and Clapham Junction).

The normal service to Hounslow via Richmond calls at all stations (and
in fact continues back to Waterloo via Chiswick, so it's actually
Waterloo to Waterloo).
--
Richard J.

Old October 19th 07, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 19, 12:42 am, "Richard J." wrote:
Neil Hitchens wrote:
[...]

It probably stopped there anyway. but not to let passengers on/off.

A/.

Old October 20th 07, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

In a similar vein, a couple of years ago the Brighton - Watford services
were advertised at Gatwick Airport as calling at "North Pole Junction" ( the
average punter would not know or care that this was to put up/down the
pantograph ) I presume this was yet another case of the "indicator software
programmer" having no knowledge of railway operating at "grass root's"
level.
news

Old October 22nd 07, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 20, 9:07 pm, wrote:
In a similar vein, a couple of years ago the Brighton - Watford services
were advertised at Gatwick Airport as calling at "North Pole Junction" ( the
average punter would not know or care that this was to put up/down the
pantograph ) I presume this was yet another case of the "indicator software
programmer" having no knowledge of railway operating at "grass root's"
level."Neil Hitchens" wrote in message

news
Was waiting for the 16:12 to Basingstoke today and noticed a delayed train
to Hounslow - stopping at Nine Elms Junction, West London Junction and
Richmond then Hounslow.

As I am 'merely' a daily commuter on SW Trains I am puzzled - was this a
one off or something they didn't mean to show on the regular departure
board.

Thanks.

I was at Hampton Court yesterday and one of the platform indicators
was saying, "Stand back, the next train does not call at this
station." Which was strange as Hampton Court is a terminus.
Eventually the leaf clearing unit arrived, the crew changed ends and
it set off again. Surely that counts as the train "calling" at the
station. Especially as it was actually spraying the rails.

Neill

Old October 22nd 07, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 01:38:24 -0700, verbena
wrote:

I was at Hampton Court yesterday and one of the platform indicators
was saying, "Stand back, the next train does not call at this
station." Which was strange as Hampton Court is a terminus.

Reminds me of the dot-matrix at Lewisham DLR, which reported an out of
service train as "train not stopping"...
Old October 22nd 07, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I was at Hampton Court yesterday and one of the platform indicators
was saying, "Stand back, the next train does not call at this
station." Which was strange as Hampton Court is a terminus.

Reminds me of the dot-matrix at Lewisham DLR, which reported an out of
service train as "train not stopping"...

Yes, that indication should only really be applied if the train is a TBM!

tom

--
Demolish serious culture!
Old October 24th 07, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I was at Hampton Court yesterday and one of the platform indicators
was saying, "Stand back, the next train does not call at this
station." Which was strange as Hampton Court is a terminus.

Reminds me of the dot-matrix at Lewisham DLR, which reported an out of
service train as "train not stopping"...

Yes, that indication should only really be applied if the train is a TBM!

tom

--
Demolish serious culture!

At Moorgate (FCC or as they now call it rather confusingly Moorgate
Underground) the destination indicators show arriving trains (i.e.
10:26 from Hertford North). As this is terminus and not one at which
it's likely that you'd meet someone this is pretty daft as it
relegates the next train departing to the second row of a two row
display.