Old October 26th 07, 03:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default MML Strikes

On 26 Oct, 04:46, wrote:
After watching BBC Look East, BBC East Midlands Today, Central News
East and Anglia News West on the MML (& Silverlink) strikes...

Anglia Television came out best with the first 5 mins of Anglia
devoted to the story. All other programmes had it further down their
running orders.

Meanwhile I was stuck facing a nightmare journey down the M1 to work.

After a normal trip through to hemel hempsted, I passed the M25 turn
off at about 08:30, and was on the north circular for 08:50, including
10 minutes arround the cursed staples corner. Took 10 minutes longer
to get to work than the train, will be much faster on the way back (as
I don't have to leave leeway for waiting for a tube)

We may well choose not to bother renewing our £450 a month season
tickets

Old October 26th 07, 04:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 26 Oct, 04:46, wrote:
After watching BBC Look East, BBC East Midlands Today, Central News
East and Anglia News West on the MML (& Silverlink) strikes...

Anglia Television came out best with the first 5 mins of Anglia
devoted to the story. All other programmes had it further down their
running orders.

Meanwhile I was stuck facing a nightmare journey down the M1 to work.

After a normal trip through to hemel hempsted, I passed the M25 turn
off at about 08:30, and was on the north circular for 08:50, including
10 minutes arround the cursed staples corner. Took 10 minutes longer
to get to work than the train, will be much faster on the way back (as
I don't have to leave leeway for waiting for a tube)

We may well choose not to bother renewing our £450 a month season
tickets

Just remember it was half term this week, I'd be surprised if it is as quick
next week

Old October 30th 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 26 Oct, 04:46, wrote:

[...]

Well I guess we'll see as the strikes are on for another 5 Fridays.