Old November 20th 07, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default St Pancras temporary platforms - whats their future?

I visited St Pancras the other day , very nice it is too , far better
than Waterloo. I noticed however that the temporary MML platforms on
the east are now out of use. Anyone know what is planned for them?

B2003

Old November 20th 07, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
I visited St Pancras the other day , very nice it is too , far better
than Waterloo. I noticed however that the temporary MML platforms on
the east are now out of use. Anyone know what is planned for them?

Kent domestic services aka 'Javelin' from 2009 - but I don't think they were
temporary in terms of quality, just temporary in their use for MML? As
viewed from the window of a passing Eurostar they are basically finished but
of course the access from the domestic concourse is currently boarded up...

Paul

Old November 20th 07, 10:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london, alt.boomerang

On Nov 20, 10:57 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Boltar" wrote in message

Kent domestic services aka 'Javelin' from 2009 ...

Oh boy.. How do they discover these names. I know, in fact. A company
produces a list of up to 10,000 names (see Edsel at Wikipedia) and out
of all that detritis someone picks a name.
Javelin. Because it travels like an arrow straight to its intended
destination at exactly the right time.
More like, Javelin, like a frozen streak of bat-**** like in that
Python sketch!
LOROL!
Old November 21st 07, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london, alt.boomerang

On 21 Nov, 00:55, Offramp wrote:
Kent domestic services aka 'Javelin' from 2009 ...

Oh boy.. How do they discover these names. I know, in fact. A company
produces a list of up to 10,000 names (see Edsel at Wikipedia) and out
of all that detritis someone picks a name.

eh? the Edsel was named after one of the Ford dynasty -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edsel_Ford

Javelin. Because it travels like an arrow straight to its intended
destination at exactly the right time.

No, Javelin because of the Olympics. Officially, Javelin is /only/ the
name of the London - Stratford - Ebbsfleet shuttle service that will
run during the games - the suggestion is that the name will stick for
the overall HS1 domestic service (as it already has done among
gricers, by the look of things).

More like, Javelin, like a frozen streak of bat-**** like in that
Python sketch!
LOROL!

YMTT, ICPC.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old November 22nd 07, 10:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.boomerang

Offramp wrote:
On Nov 20, 10:57 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Boltar" wrote in message

Kent domestic services aka 'Javelin' from 2009 ...

Oh boy.. How do they discover these names. I know, in fact. A company
produces a list of up to 10,000 names (see Edsel at Wikipedia) and out
of all that detritis someone picks a name.
Javelin. Because it travels like an arrow straight to its intended
destination at exactly the right time.
More like, Javelin, like a frozen streak of bat-**** like in that
Python sketch!

Don' see what the problem with the name Javeline is, it's certainly
better than 'Shot-put' or '200 metres hurdle'!

Old November 23rd 07, 02:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london, alt.boomerang

On Nov 21, 10:25 am, John B wrote:
On 21 Nov, 00:55, Offramp wrote:

Kent domestic services aka 'Javelin' from 2009 ...

Oh boy.. How do they discover these names. I know, in fact. A company
produces a list of up to 10,000 names (see Edsel at Wikipedia) and out
of all that detritis someone picks a name.

eh? the Edsel was named after one of the Ford dynasty -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edsel_Ford

Did you read the article?
"Ford hired the advertising firm Foote, Cone and Belding to come up
with a name. However, when the advertising agency issued its report,
citing over six thousand possibilities, Breech commented that they had
been hired to develop a name, not six thousand names. Early favorites
for the name brand included Citation, Corsair, Pacer, and Ranger,
which were ultimately chosen for the vehicle's series names."
Old November 23rd 07, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.boomerang

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Stuart wrote:

Offramp wrote:
On Nov 20, 10:57 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Kent domestic services aka 'Javelin' from 2009 ...

Oh boy.. How do they discover these names. I know, in fact. A company
produces a list of up to 10,000 names (see Edsel at Wikipedia) and out
of all that detritis someone picks a name. Javelin. Because it travels
like an arrow straight to its intended destination at exactly the right
time. More like, Javelin, like a frozen streak of bat-**** like in that
Python sketch!

Don' see what the problem with the name Javeline is, it's certainly
better than 'Shot-put' or '200 metres hurdle'!

Wise words.

tom

--
Operate all mechanisms!