Old December 6th 07, 07:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New fares leaflet plan

Some time ago I was given a reference here to the Zone A to D fares
leaflet which can be found at
www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/fares-to-from-moor-park-0709.pdf. I
omitted to save the thread, can't find it and so can't continue it.
EVENTUALLY, I managed to get a paper copy. I reported my difficulty via
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/default.asp?type=tube. I got a
prompt reply from which I quote:

"As this document is mainly of concern to customers of Moor Park and
stations north of it, stations south of there stock a limited number of
the 11 page document. ... When stocks of a document run low, stations
should re-order, and I apologise if they did not do this in time."

That is the theoretical position. I found ticket office staff at Aldgate
to Moorgate without knowledge of the document. It took a copy of the
front page and good co-operation from a Station Supervisor at Liverpool
Street to get a paper copy delivered by train.

More interestingly, it also says: "... a new comprehensive fares leaflet
will be released in January 2008". I hope it will give fares to
destinations between Hatch End and Watford following the TfL take-over.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old December 6th 07, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
[...]

I think I mentioned it in the context of why there wasn't a very similar
leaflet already available, on the web or at stations, for the outer reaches
of the DC lines at the time LO commenced. Combining the info could lead to
a certain complexity, especialy as it is expected Watford Met and Watford
Junction will be in entirely different zones (or not in the zones at all...)

The staff you asked probably just believe that anyone needing a leaflet
about the far northwest of the network must start their journey there, after
all no one ever makes their first ever tube journey 'from' the centre of
London, do they...

Paul

Old December 6th 07, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 6 Dec, 10:25, "Paul Scott" wrote:
[...]

Aha - well, the new zones aren't a secret. I've been intending to post
on here about them for a while but haven't got round to it, I will
endeavour to do so a little later this evening.
Old December 6th 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:00:16 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

Aha - well, the new zones aren't a secret. I've been intending to post
on here about them for a while but haven't got round to it, I will
endeavour to do so a little later this evening.

Well here's the official set of info that I saw today.

Fare zone changes

With effect from start of traffic on the above date, Fare Zones A & B
will merge to become Zone 7, Zone C will become Zone 8, and Zone D
becomes Zone 9.

Watford Junction will remain outside of the zones with special fares
applying for Oyster Pay As You Go (PAYG) and Travelcard season tickets.
Station Zone Changes

London Underground

Station Current Zone New Zone
Moor Park 6/A 6/7
Croxley A 7
Watford A 7
Rickmansworth A 7
Chorleywood B 7
Chalfont & Latimer C 8
Chesham D 9
Amersham D 9

London Overground

Station Current Zone New Zone
Acton Central 2 3
Hampstead Heath 3 2
Willesden Junction 3 2/3
Carpenders Park B* 7**
Bushey C* 8*
Watford High Street C* 8**

* For Oyster Pay As You Go fares only
** For all single fares and Travelcards

Customers with valid tickets to Zones A - D will continue to be accepted
until their expiry date without the need for customers to have their
ticket exchanged, but Zone D Travelcards will not be valid for journeys
to Watford Junction.

There will be a zone "W" to cover PAYG / Travelcards to Watford
Junction.

Introduction of directional PAYG charges between Euston and Watford
Junction

From 2 January 2008, variable directional charging will be introduced on
Mondays to Fridays for journeys wholly between Euston and Watford
Junction and all intermediate stations. Customers travelling towards
Watford Junction between 07.00 and 09.30, and towards Euston between
16.30 and 18.59 will be charged the reduced rate of PAYG. Journeys
starting, or finishing at other stations on the network will continue to
be charged at the standard PAYG rate.

Extension of Oyster PAYG to National Rail stations

c2c Chiltern 'One'

Dagenham Dock Northolt Park Bethnal Green
Rainham (Essex) Sudbury Hill, Harrow Cambridge Heath
Sudbury & Harrow Road Clapton
Wembley Stadium Hackney Downs
London Fields
Rectory Road
Stoke Newington
Stamford Hill
St James Street

Interesting to note that these are "fill in" PAYG installations for
Chitern and One and are not an extension of PAYG beyond the stations
where current interavailability applies e.g. Seven Sisters, Tottenham
Hale, Walthamstow Central and South / West Ruislip.

Apparently Ealing Broadway - Greenford on FGW is due for PAYG early in
2008.

--
Paul C

Old December 7th 07, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I picked up the 2008 fare leaflet from Chancery Lane this evening. It
integrates the outer zone fares. Watford Junction or Zone W is not
mentioned anywhere. Railcard discounts can now be loaded onto Oyster,
except Network and Family. London Overground oyster fares are
seperately listed, but appear to be the same. LO Cash fares aren't
listed. Ealing to Greenford is mentioned as not intermediate stations,
so no new validators needed. There are new zone 2 and 2-3 caps, which
appear to be removing ambiguity.

Old December 9th 07, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Paul Corfield
writes
Well here's the official set of info that I saw today.

Fare zone changes

With effect from start of traffic on the above date,

Um, what is "the above date"?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old December 9th 07, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 22:35:31 +0000, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

In article , Paul Corfield
writes
Well here's the official set of info that I saw today.

Fare zone changes

With effect from start of traffic on the above date,

Um, what is "the above date"?

2/1/08 - date of the fares revision.
--
Paul C

Old December 11th 07, 06:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:37:11 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

Interesting to note that these are "fill in" PAYG installations for
Chitern and One and are not an extension of PAYG beyond the stations
where current interavailability applies e.g. Seven Sisters, Tottenham
Hale, Walthamstow Central and South / West Ruislip.

To be fair to Chiltern, this brings PAYG validity to all their
stations in the Travelcard zones, so West Ruislip does seem a natural
limit (for now).
Old December 11th 07, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 7, 8:55 pm, Matthew Dickinson
wrote:
Railcard discounts can now be loaded onto Oyster,
except Network and Family.

I actually went 'ooh' when I read this on the tube the other day. The
discounts only apply to the off-peak cap, so while it's not likely to
save me money on getting to work during the week (peak times for
capping are 0430-0930, while peak times for single fares are
0700-0930), some back-of-the-envelope calculations show that pre-pay
will normally be better value for me than a weekly Travelcard.

The new Fares and Tickets leaflet says:
"This new discount daily price cap applies to holders of the following
National Rail Railcards: Disabled Persons, HM Forces, Senior and Young
Persons.
You will need an Oyster card with your discount concession loaded on
it. For full details visit tfl.gov.uk/fares"

The website doesn't yet have any information, but here are the new
capping rates, both undiscounted, and with Railcard discount:

Journeys in Peak Off-Peak Off-Peak (R)
Zones 1-2 £6.30 £4.80 £3.10
Zones 1-3 £7.50 £5.40 £3.50
Zones 1-4 £8.90 £5.40 £3.50
Zones 1-5 £11.30 £6.50 £4.20
Zones 1-6 £13.30 £6.50 £4.20
Zones 1-9 £14.50 £7.70 £5.00
Zone 2 £6.30 £4.30 £2.80
Zones 2-3 £7.50 £4.30 £2.80
Zones 2-6 £7.90 £4.30 £2.80
Zones 2-9 £9.30 £4.60 £3.00

- martin
Old December 11th 07, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

To be fair to Chiltern, this brings PAYG validity to all their
stations in the Travelcard zones, so West Ruislip does seem a natural
limit (for now).

Except Paddington....