Old January 18th 08, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 16/01/2008 - London Lite

Mizter T wrote

You mean they get the Underground for one stop? Hardly worth it is

it?

As I point out in my other post, there isn't any way of easily

walking
to the central Heathrow complex from Hatton Cross. Look at a street

Plus a Hatton Cross - Heathrow fare is just £1 at any time on Oyster

PAYG.

But any bus trip within the Heathrow complex is free which includes
Hatton Cross to Terminal 4 or Harlington corner / Heathrow central bus
station (mentioned on the web site I think but I am actually looking at
the 555 timetable leaflet).

--
Mike D

Old January 18th 08, 04:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message
On 17 Jan, 20:55, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 20:31:56 on
Thu, 17 Jan 2008, remarked:

Hattton Cross - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatton_Cross

From reading I'm suprised passenger numbers for the station are
relatively
high.

Airport workers (overall, there's almost one for each passenger-per-day
through the airport).

Really?! That's a somewhat astounding stat.

Regarding passenger numbers at Hatton Cross, the figures on Wikipedia
are for 2006 - and from January 2005 (I think) until September 2006
the Piccadilly line loop to Terminal 4 was closed for construction of
the junction and line to the new Terminal 5 station. Therefore for
over eight months of that year, most of those arriving by tube and
heading for T4 would have exited at Hatton Cross to catch the
replacement bus to T4.

Nevertheless taking the tube from Hatton Cross to is a nifty way of
getting to and from the central Heathrow complex (i.e. terminals 1,2 &
3). One could presume that many local workers use this route, perhaps
arriving at Hatton Cross by bus or car (whether being dropped off or
parking in the car park) - and indeed I dare suggest this might well
be regarded as a nifty route by many others "in the know".

Actually accessing the central Heathrow complex on foot is no longer
possible - though there is apparently a free shuttle bus that goes
through the tunnel that emerges in the north by Bath Road/the A4.

Aren't all the buses free or did they stop that?

tim

Old January 20th 08, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:05:52 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
th.li...

They could break it down by zone, and have separate bar-charts for each.
Or how about some kind of crazy pie-chart, like a dartboard, with each
sector allocated to a line, in roughly the order they head out of London,
each ring corresponding to a zone, and then the height of a 3D tower
rising from each block corresponding to the price?

tom

PS what do you call the subdivision of a circle that's the part of a
sector between two concentric circles? I'm calling it a block because of
hard disks, but it must have a proper name.

Is it an annular sector?

Paul S

I thought annulus but I could be wrong

Martin

Old January 20th 08, 03:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
rth.li...

They could break it down by zone, and have separate bar-charts for each.
Or how about some kind of crazy pie-chart, like a dartboard, with each
sector allocated to a line, in roughly the order they head out of London,
each ring corresponding to a zone, and then the height of a 3D tower
rising from each block corresponding to the price?

tom

PS what do you call the subdivision of a circle that's the part of a
sector between two concentric circles? I'm calling it a block because of
hard disks, but it must have a proper name.

Is it an annular sector?

Paul S

I thought annulus but I could be wrong

An annulus is a complete ring between two concentric circles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annulus_%28mathematics%29
Old January 22nd 08, 07:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:12:29 +0000, James Farrar
wrote:

snipped

Is it an annular sector?

Paul S

I thought annulus but I could be wrong

An annulus is a complete ring between two concentric circles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annulus_%28mathematics%29

Sorry - you're right. It's a long time since I did any geometry

Martin