Old February 1st 08, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Whites not welcome in Transport for London

Blatant, vicious, open anti-White discrimination in the heart of
London.

You didn’t think it was possible? Well, it is. An advertisement for a
Press Internship with Transport London has been advertised - but only
ethnic minorities are allowed to apply, and Whites are specifically
banned from the job.

The advertisement, which you can find here, says that the job offers
“work experience in one of the busiest press offices in the UK,
highlighting transport issues across our Capital.”

The job is for “Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Students” and
continues: “We are offering two six-month internships starting in March
2008. If you are a student or a recent graduate of Black, Asian or
Minority Ethnic (BAME) origin, with a passion for London and an
interest in media and PR, we would like to hear from you.”

The training which a suitable candidate will get is described as
follows: “You will get essential skills to start a career in PR. Based
in one of the country’s five busiest press offices, you will get a
sense of what working in a high-pressured PR environment is like. You
will get essential skills to start a career in PR.

You’ll work on stories and events affecting the Capital’s transport
network and gain a range of experience from writing press releases and
dealing with journalists to working with different types of media.

You will also get:

* a bursary to cover subsistence and living expenses

* free travel in London

* mentoring.”

It continues: “To be eligible to apply for this role you must be

* a permanent resident of the United Kingdom

* ideally of graduate calibre (with ‘A’ levels or equivalent), an
undergraduate or recent graduate. Similar qualifications from outside
the UK will be considered

* able to demonstrate an interest in media and PR

* able to show a passion for London and current affairs in general.

The TfL Press Office Internship Scheme is advertised under section 37
of the Race Relations Act 1976. For the purposes of this advert, BAME
refers to people who are of African, African-Caribbean, Asian or
Chinese ethnic origin.”

So there you have it. Native British people are officially
discriminated against, in their own capital city. This is the logical
end result of the evil, anti-White policies of successive Labour and
Tory governments.

The time is coming soon when these traitors will be held responsible
for their crimes, and the phrase a “hung parliament” might yet take on
a new meaning.

http://www.bnp.org.uk/2008/01/31/are...don-transport/

Old February 1st 08, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc

Casper wrote:
Blatant, vicious, open anti-White discrimination in the heart of
London.

You didnt think it was possible? Well, it is. An advertisement for
a Press Internship with Transport London has been advertised - but
only ethnic minorities are allowed to apply, and Whites are
specifically banned from the job.

It's not a job, it's a training opportunity. That's the only reason
it's allowed.

If you don't like the Race Relations Act 1976, go and discuss it in
uk.politics.misc.

Follow-up set.

--
Richard J.

Old February 1st 08, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 1, 5:10 pm, Casper wrote:
Blatant, vicious, open anti-White discrimination in the heart of
London.

You didn't think it was possible? Well, it is. An advertisement for a
Press Internship with Transport London has been advertised - but only
ethnic minorities are allowed to apply, and Whites are specifically
banned from the job.

Then
1) Find someone otherwise qualified
2) Apply for the job

You could also take the case up with the CRE.
Old February 1st 08, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. submitted this idea :
Casper wrote:
Blatant, vicious, open anti-White discrimination in the heart of
London.

You didn’t think it was possible? Well, it is. An advertisement for
a Press Internship with Transport London has been advertised - but
only ethnic minorities are allowed to apply, and Whites are specifically
banned from the job.

It's not a job, it's a training opportunity. That's the only reason it's
allowed.

Are you saying that in the UK there are no government jobs that are
reserved for non whites only and it only applies to training?

If you don't like the Race Relations Act 1976, go and discuss it in
uk.politics.misc.

I will discuss it here because this a Transport for London issue, if
you have nothing wrong then you have nothing to hide.

Follow-up set.

Old February 2nd 08, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Richard J.
writes
Casper wrote:
Blatant, vicious, open anti-White discrimination in the heart of
London.

You didn’t think it was possible? Well, it is. An advertisement for
a Press Internship with Transport London has been advertised - but
only ethnic minorities are allowed to apply, and Whites are
specifically banned from the job.

It's not a job, it's a training opportunity. That's the only reason
it's allowed.

It's our money being spent, so we have a right to comment about it. My
main objection to daft positive discrimination policies is ...

1. It's patronising in the extreme to the people involved and is of
itself being highly discriminatory. You are in effect telling the
minority they will only get the job because white folk aren't allowed to
apply. I'm sure most people from an ethnic minority would prefer to get
a job on their own merits.

2. You play into the hands of the nutters in the BNP and the right wing
press. Oh, how they love some idiot in the public sector putting out a
daft job add like this. Transport for London are being their best
recruitment officer !

It doesn't help, it's counter productive and divisive, so please stop it
!

--
Edward Cowling "Must go - to find Shrodinger's Cat !"

Old February 2nd 08, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 2, 1:33 pm, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
In message , Richard J.
writes

Casper wrote:
Blatant, vicious, open anti-White discrimination in the heart of
London.

You didn't think it was possible? Well, it is. An advertisement for
a Press Internship with Transport London has been advertised - but
only ethnic minorities are allowed to apply, and Whites are
specifically banned from the job.

It's not a job, it's a training opportunity. That's the only reason
it's allowed.

It's our money being spent, so we have a right to comment about it. My
main objection to daft positive discrimination policies is ...

You don't need to object; it would be illegal anyway (if it was
happening). Promoting racial hatred is also illegal, on which grounds
this thread ought to be removed from the Google archive at least.

1. It's patronising in the extreme to the people involved and is of
itself being highly discriminatory. You are in effect telling the
minority they will only get the job because white folk aren't allowed to
apply. I'm sure most people from an ethnic minority would prefer to get
a job on their own merits.

Which bit of "it's not a job" don't you understand?

2. You play into the hands of the nutters in the BNP and the right wing
press.

Like the OP who pasted text directly from the BNP site. I would have
disagreed with the tactic if I worked for TfL, and I agree that it
plays in to the hands of this kind of nutter.

However, bear in mind that, like most stories from the BNP, references
to a "job" are not true.

Old February 2nd 08, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

It's our money being spent, so we have a right to comment about it. My
main objection to daft positive discrimination policies is ...

1. It's patronising in the extreme to the people involved and is of
itself being highly discriminatory. You are in effect telling the
minority they will only get the job because white folk aren't allowed
to apply. I'm sure most people from an ethnic minority would prefer
to get a job on their own merits.

Actually, I think most people with a job are glad they have a job, and care
not why. I'm happy to play the ethnic minority card when it suits, although
I always vote against the lefties who allow me to play that card.

2. You play into the hands of the nutters in the BNP and the right
wing press.

Support for the NF/BNP always goes up massively whenever Labour are in power
and always goes down to nothing whenever Labour are out of power. The vast
majority of BNP voters don't support the BNP's racism, they are merely
opposing the Labour Party's racism (although they are using a spectacularly
ineffective way to do so).

Old February 2nd 08, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, MIG
writes
1. It's patronising in the extreme to the people involved and is of
itself being highly discriminatory. You are in effect telling the
minority they will only get the job because white folk aren't allowed to
apply. I'm sure most people from an ethnic minority would prefer to get
a job on their own merits.

Which bit of "it's not a job" don't you understand?

And why are you failing to understand how that is the whole problem ?
Can't you see how it's inviting every bigot to advertise "training"
roles for whites only and dare the courts to something about it.

"After all TFL got away with it !"

As I said, stupid and divisive.

--
Edward Cowling "Must go - to find Shrodinger's Cat !"

Old February 2nd 08, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , John Rowland
writes

2. You play into the hands of the nutters in the BNP and the right
wing press.

Support for the NF/BNP always goes up massively whenever Labour are in power
and always goes down to nothing whenever Labour are out of power. The vast
majority of BNP voters don't support the BNP's racism, they are merely
opposing the Labour Party's racism (although they are using a spectacularly
ineffective way to do so).

I think you're right. The perceived wisdom is that the BNP pick up
support from those awful Tory party people. In reality it seems to be
people who you'd consider natural Labour party members who turn to the
BNP. I've heard people say New Labour has no "vocabulary" to deal with
racial problems. Well they'd darn well better learn one if we want to
avoid a BNP upsurge in the upcoming GLA elections.

--
Edward Cowling "Must go - to find Shrodinger's Cat !"

Old February 2nd 08, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 2, 3:29*pm, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
In message , John Rowland
writes

2. You play into the hands of the nutters in the BNP and the right
wing press.

Support for the NF/BNP always goes up massively whenever Labour are in power
and always goes down to nothing whenever Labour are out of power. The vast
majority of BNP voters don't support the BNP's racism, they are merely
opposing the Labour Party's racism (although they are using a spectacularly
ineffective way to do so).

I think you're right. The perceived wisdom is that the BNP pick up
support from those awful Tory party people. In reality it seems to be
people who you'd consider natural Labour party members who turn to the
BNP. I've heard people say New Labour has no "vocabulary" to deal with
racial problems. Well they'd darn well better learn one if we want to
avoid a BNP upsurge in the upcoming GLA elections.

In the late 1970s, the Tories, out of power, convinced the racists
that they had a better chance of getting into power and carrying out
NF policies than the NF did, and it worked.

New Labour is actually in power, and therefore seen to be failing to
listen to anyone, so that when they whip up racist hysteria about
asylum seekers etc, they don't benefit from it the way that the Tories
did when out of power. It's always a party out of power that is
assumed to be able to do something to change a situation.

Of course, the situation may not be what people claim it is, eg hordes
of asylum seekers and terrorists changing the face of our country.
The really terrifying threat to this country and its values is the
BNP.

People whose grandparents fought and died to keep the Nazis out of
this country are now voting them on to local councils in London.
That's the real treachery.

Welcome to LondonBanter kevin About LondonBanter 1 May 11th 11 01:46 PM
I, for one, welcome our new newt-loving overlord Mizter T London Transport 23 November 14th 07 08:18 PM
Worst Welcome MaxB London Transport 15 March 14th 06 09:57 AM
'Welcome to Oyster Pre Pay' email from TfL Jason London Transport 2 January 16th 04 03:26 PM
A welcome home James Farrar London Transport 5 September 23rd 03 02:05 PM