Old April 2nd 08, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Which rate is correct?

According to the National Rail journey planner web site a
Cambridge-King's Cross CDR with a Family Railcard is £11.90 for the adult
and £1 for the child. At Cambridge this morning National Express insisted
the child fare was £2. I can't get the online system to offer that child
fare.

Who was wrong?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old April 2nd 08, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
According to the National Rail journey planner web site a
Cambridge-King's Cross CDR with a Family Railcard is £11.90 for the adult
and £1 for the child. At Cambridge this morning National Express insisted
the child fare was £2. I can't get the online system to offer that child
fare.

Looking on the Chiltern-branded version of trainline.com, I also find it
as £11.90 Adult, £1.00 Child.

Working out the discount using a calculator, however, gives a Child fare
of £3.45.

Doing some digging reveals that First Capital Connect offer an
accompanied Child Flat Fare of £2.00, so that would seem to be the
correct fare, but I'm guessing the journey planner is mistakenly
discounting it.

HTH,

Barry
Old April 2nd 08, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Barry Salter) wrote:

Looking on the Chiltern-branded version of trainline.com, I also
find it as £11.90 Adult, £1.00 Child.

More to the point, the FCC-branded version gives the same prices, using
the same trains tomorrow as we used today.

--
Colin Rosenstiel