Old May 16th 08, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube Walking Project - Completed!

"michael adams" wrote in message

On Monday I completed my six-month challenge to walk the entire London
Underground (above ground). I have walked the routes of all 12 tube
lines (I started before the East London line closed). The walking was
split of 54 days and the total length of my walking routes was 378.5
miles. That is only 7 miles per day on average so if you were willing
to up the miles per day it would be doable in much less time.

Fascinating stuff! I might have to try this myself, at least in part.

Where did you get your routes from? Some of them aren't quite right.

That's not the point, surely ? All the OP needed to do was to walk between
the stations. Whether the route he took, followed the exact line of the
tracks is irrelevant.

Well, he did explicitly mention that he had 'walked the routes' in his
second sentence!

Some of us find routes interesting. At the very least, if I was doing this,
I'd want to make sure I walked past the sites of the surface buildings of
any disused and resited stations en route, and take pictures of them.

BTN

Old May 16th 08, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

On May 16, 1:22*pm, "Sir Benjamin Nunn" wrote:
[...]

And ventilation shafts

Rob