London Transport (uk.transport.london) Discussion of all forms of transport in London.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old June 26th 08, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,577
Default OT - Pdf maps from the old RATP site


Hi all,

Someone is trying to get hold of the maps which used to be on the RATP site
showing the areas around each Metro station. The station maps on the website
now are inferior to the old ones. Does anyone have any of the old PDf files,
possibly in your internet cache?




  #2   Report Post  
Old June 26th 08, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Aug 2007
Posts: 278
Default OT - Pdf maps from the old RATP site

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

Someone is trying to get hold of the maps which used to be on the
RATP site showing the areas around each Metro station. The station
maps on the website now are inferior to the old ones. Does anyone
have any of the old PDf files, possibly in your internet cache?


By "the station maps on the website", do you mean the ones you get by
entering the station name and clicking on "Plan de quartier"? Those have
been around for a number of years. My website has a link to one of those
maps; the version of the link that I wrote in December 2005 still works and
produces the same map as today. I don't remember an earlier PDF version.

The present maps are quite good, showing all Métro station entrances,
details of bus routes and stops, etc. What's inferior about them?
--
Richard J.
(to email me, swap 'uk' and 'yon' in address)
www.stayparis.net


  #3   Report Post  
Old June 26th 08, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,083
Default OT - Pdf maps from the old RATP site

In message , at 14:22:55 on Thu,
26 Jun 2008, John Rowland
remarked:
Does anyone have any of the old PDf files,
possibly in your internet cache?


archive.org, perhaps?
--
Roland Perry
  #4   Report Post  
Old June 30th 08, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,577
Default OT - Pdf maps from the old RATP site

Richard J. wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

Someone is trying to get hold of the maps which used to be on the
RATP site showing the areas around each Metro station. The station
maps on the website now are inferior to the old ones. Does anyone
have any of the old PDf files, possibly in your internet cache?


By "the station maps on the website", do you mean the ones you get by
entering the station name and clicking on "Plan de quartier"? Those
have been around for a number of years. My website has a link to one
of those maps; the version of the link that I wrote in December 2005
still works and produces the same map as today. I don't remember an
earlier PDF version.
The present maps are quite good, showing all Métro station entrances,
details of bus routes and stops, etc. What's inferior about them?


I have emailed you the old PDF file. The "inferior" comment comes from the
"someone" mentioned above, but I do agree with him.


  #5   Report Post  
Old July 7th 08, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Aug 2007
Posts: 278
Default OT - Pdf maps from the old RATP site

John Rowland wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

Someone is trying to get hold of the maps which used to be on the
RATP site showing the areas around each Metro station. The station
maps on the website now are inferior to the old ones. Does anyone
have any of the old PDf files, possibly in your internet cache?


By "the station maps on the website", do you mean the ones you get by
entering the station name and clicking on "Plan de quartier"? Those
have been around for a number of years. My website has a link to one
of those maps; the version of the link that I wrote in December 2005
still works and produces the same map as today. I don't remember an
earlier PDF version.
The present maps are quite good, showing all Métro station entrances,
details of bus routes and stops, etc. What's inferior about them?


I have emailed you the old PDF file. The "inferior" comment comes
from the "someone" mentioned above, but I do agree with him.


Yes, I see what you mean. The map content is about the same, but the old
map is clearer and larger. Maybe it was felt that the PDF format made it
less accessible. I've asked RATP if the old fomat is still available (and
if not, why not), and I'll post their reply here.
--
Richard J.
(to email me, swap 'uk' and 'yon' in address)




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RATP [email protected] London Transport 11 August 16th 11 09:10 AM
London Buses Run By The RATP Paul London Transport 31 March 13th 11 01:09 PM
New fares from 2 January 2006 - pdf [email protected] London Transport 148 November 15th 05 11:26 AM
New fares from 2 January 2006 - pdf Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 0 November 8th 05 09:46 AM
My EOR History site or EORVS (offical) site, which is better look. EorJames London Transport 2 April 3rd 05 07:14 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2021 London Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about London Transport"

 

Copyright © 2017