Old September 10th 03, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Family Affairs Intro

Apologies for the slightly off topic posting, but I was channel surfing and
came across family affairs on channel five this evening.

I just wondered where the real "Charnham Station" was?? Also, IIRC, a
Citaro is featured in the sequence.

Is family affairs set in Metroland or somewhere similar (looks like Western
Avenue as the sequence speeds along)??

Old September 11th 03, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

cookie wrote:

Apologies for the slightly off topic posting, but I was channel surfing and
came across family affairs on channel five this evening.

I just wondered where the real "Charnham Station" was?? Also, IIRC, a
Citaro is featured in the sequence.

Is family affairs set in Metroland or somewhere similar (looks like Western
Avenue as the sequence speeds along)??

Mate of mine is one of the scriptwriters. I'll get back to you if he
tells me.

dave
Old September 11th 03, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , cookie
writes
Apologies for the slightly off topic posting, but I was channel surfing and
came across family affairs on channel five this evening.

I just wondered where the real "Charnham Station" was?? Also, IIRC, a
Citaro is featured in the sequence.

Is family affairs set in Metroland or somewhere similar (looks like Western
Avenue as the sequence speeds along)??

I believe that it was originally set in Maidenhead but time may have
"moved" it somewhat, as it did with "The Bill".......
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for
Old September 11th 03, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In article , cookie
writes
Apologies for the slightly off topic posting, but I was channel surfing

and
came across family affairs on channel five this evening.

I just wondered where the real "Charnham Station" was?? Also, IIRC, a
Citaro is featured in the sequence.

Is family affairs set in Metroland or somewhere similar (looks like

Western
Avenue as the sequence speeds along)??

I believe that it was originally set in Maidenhead but time may have
"moved" it somewhat, as it did with "The Bill".......

And Grange Hill. One series it's in East London, the next it's in
Liverpool.

Old September 12th 03, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Newt wrote:

cookie wrote:

Apologies for the slightly off topic posting, but I was channel surfing and
came across family affairs on channel five this evening.

I just wondered where the real "Charnham Station" was?? Also, IIRC, a
Citaro is featured in the sequence.

Is family affairs set in Metroland or somewhere similar (looks like Western
Avenue as the sequence speeds along)??

Mate of mine is one of the scriptwriters. I'll get back to you if he
tells me.

Here you go:

Am also curious to find out where/how they filmed the tube station
(maybe it was done digitally).

What I can say on the record is that Charnham is "London W15" - yes,
it's in west London, and it's on the tube.

What's a Citaro?

Hope this is of a bit of use.

Dave

Old September 12th 03, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:19:00 +0100, Dave Newt
wrote:

What's a Citaro?

A Mercedes-built, and fairly high-quality, single-decker bus,
available (and seen in London) in both bendy and rigid versions.

All bendies in London are Merc Citaros, while the normal buses used on
the riverside RV1 are the non-bendy version of the Citaro.

All are rather good, but expensive, and are the choice of most
operators in Germany.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.
Old September 12th 03, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

What's a Citaro?

A Mercedes-built, and fairly high-quality, single-decker bus,
available (and seen in London) in both bendy and rigid versions.

All bendies in London are Merc Citaros, while the normal buses used on
the riverside RV1 are the non-bendy version of the Citaro.

All are rather good, but expensive, and are the choice of most
operators in Germany.

Citaros are the only way to travel by bus (well, the only form of bus
transport I use), but then I'm biased being a smart (baby merc) owner.
Hence why I was impressed by the sequence and felt the relevance to this
group.

Are any photos of bendy Citaros available? Have never "seen" one meself.

Neil

Old September 12th 03, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

cookie wrote:
..

Citaros are the only way to travel by bus (well, the only form of bus
transport I use), but then I'm biased being a smart (baby merc) owner.
Hence why I was impressed by the sequence and felt the relevance to
this group.

Are any photos of bendy Citaros available? Have never "seen" one
meself.

See Matthew Wharmby's London Bus Page:
http://www.londonbuspage.com/021211.htm
and
http://www.londonbuspage.com/030315.htm
(Click on the photos for larger images.)
--
Richard J.

Old September 12th 03, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.londonbuspage.com/030208.htm
http://www.londonbuspage.com/030315.htm
http://www.londonbuspage.com/021211.htm

HTH