Old July 17th 08, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PAYG from Fenchurch Street

In message .uk, Colin
Rosenstiel writes
In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

my first ever visit to London Easter 1980

Gosh! What you missed by being such a late-comer.

Sorry.

I date from 1964 so I was indeed a relative latecomer to London. Made
up for it since, mind you.......

Trolleybuses and all
those 1950s pea-soupers for a start.

As it happens I had been through London before then, en route to Dover
for trips to family in Germany.

This involved a walk from Victoria Coach station to Victoria Station.
I remember being very puzzled at all the buses being Green (as we were
walking past all the Green Line stops).
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old July 18th 08, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:53:11 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

(There was a tourist route with a preserved bus in 1980 when the LT
Museum first opened, was that the 100? I remember seeing that in
Trafalgar Square on my first ever visit to London Easter 1980.)

I still think of it as running from Barking to Beckton Gas Works.

Nostalgia just isn't what it used to be.

--
Bill Hayles

http://billnot.com