London Banter

-   -   6 Thameslink services to avoid after March 2009 (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7231-6-thameslink-services-avoid-after.html)

Sky Rider October 31st 08 04:53 PM

6 Thameslink services to avoid after March 2009

With all the noise being made about longer Thameslink trains in the
coming months, it turns out that even when the remaining Southern 319s
and new 377/5s are fully acquired in March 2009, there will *still* be 6
evening peak services in 4-car formation as follows:

NORTHBOUND
1507 Brighton - Bedford (departs St Pancras 1636)
1534 Sevenoaks – Bedford (departs St Pancras 1646)
1537 Brighton – Bedford (departs St Pancras 1706)

SOUTHBOUND
1711 London Bridge - Brighton
1738 Kentish Town – Three Bridges (departs Blackfriars 1754)
1842 London Bridge – Brighton

A fair bit of retiming is involved, and I think I heard that the
aforementioned ex-LBG services are *very* overcrowded at least as far as
East Croydon (and are probably the worst of the remaining 4-car bunch).
If that's true, then I wonder why the 377/5 order wasn't increased
further...