Old November 25th 08, 03:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default NLL work brought forward - DfT

Now that the DfT have got their thoughts together, this item has appeared in
their press release:

http://nds.coi.gov.uk:80/environment/fullDetail.asp?ReleaseID=385408&NewsAreaID=2&Navig atedFromDepartment=False

" An extra £54m to help enhance the North London rail line to increase the
long-term freight capacity of this vital cross-London rail route. The full
package of improvements, delivered by Network Rail and building on
investment by TfL, will restore four tracks from Dalston Junction to west of
Camden Road, alleviate current bottlenecks, improve signalling and other
infrastructure in order to provide new capacity for freight and rail
trains."

Wasn't mentioned in the published PBR, but note it reads "west of Camden
Rd" -
if this is the current NLL Improvement package, as recently scaled down,
shouldn't that be 'east of'?

Paul S

Old November 25th 08, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25 Nov, 15:03, "Paul Scott" wrote:
if this is the current NLL Improvement package, as recently scaled down,
shouldn't that be 'east of'?

It says "extra £54m". The excuse given was the Camden Road work
couldn't be afforded within the money available (ca. £400m, all or
most from TfL), so I'm going to assume this is to put it back into the
scheme.

Old November 25th 08, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
On 25 Nov, 15:03, "Paul Scott" wrote:
if this is the current NLL Improvement package, as recently scaled down,
shouldn't that be 'east of'?

It says "extra £54m". The excuse given was the Camden Road work
couldn't be afforded within the money available (ca. £400m, all or
most from TfL), so I'm going to assume this is to put it back into the
scheme.

That's a bit optimistic - it might just be the Network Rail contribution
(rather than TfL's) being advanced, but we can always hope...

Paul

Old November 25th 08, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25 Nov, 15:29, "Paul Scott" wrote:
That's a bit optimistic - it might just be the Network Rail contribution
(rather than TfL's) being advanced, but we can always hope...

They can't advance the NLL work until the Goblin resignalling is
completed, otherwise there's nowhere to divert the trains.

Old November 26th 08, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
On 25 Nov, 15:29, "Paul Scott" wrote:
That's a bit optimistic - it might just be the Network Rail contribution
(rather than TfL's) being advanced, but we can always hope...

They can't advance the NLL work until the Goblin resignalling is
completed, otherwise there's nowhere to divert the trains.

I see this later press release implies this work hasn't been brought forward
much at all, and doesn't appear on the radar until 2012. So unlike the
previous announcement, it does nothing to stimulate the economy now...

http://nds.coi.gov.uk/environment/fu...partment=False

Makes little sense, in view of it being expressly mentioned in the PBR on
Monday...

Paul S