London Banter

-   -   Marylebone (LU) - Marylebone (NR) : Valid OOS Oyster interchange ? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7340-marylebone-lu-marylebone-nr-valid.html)

[email protected] December 9th 08 09:28 AM

Marylebone (LU) - Marylebone (NR) : Valid OOS Oyster interchange ?

Hello,
As there are occasionally works on the western end of the Central Line
I was wondering if I took LU from say Oxford Circus to Marylebone and
then NR to Northolt Park / South Ruislip, could I legitimately
change from Marylebone (LU) to Marylebone (NR) without getting charged
two separate fares ? At first it would seem logical for this to be a
valid OOSI but could someone kindly clarify this.

Cheers
UC

Abigail Brady December 9th 08 09:30 AM

On Dec 9, 10:28*am, wrote:
Hello,
As there are occasionally works on the western end of the Central Line
I was wondering if I took LU from say Oxford Circus to Marylebone and
then NR to Northolt Park / South *Ruislip, *could I legitimately
change from Marylebone (LU) to Marylebone (NR) without getting charged
two separate fares ? At first it would seem logical for this to be a
valid OOSI but could someone kindly clarify this.

Yes, it is on the list.

Have a look at http://www.dragondark.co.uk/osi/osi.htm for more.

--
Abi

Neil Williams December 9th 08 08:35 PM

Marylebone (LU) - Marylebone (NR) : Valid OOS Oyster interchange ?

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 02:30:35 -0800 (PST), Abigail Brady
wrote:

Have a look at http://www.dragondark.co.uk/osi/osi.htm for more.

I note that Bank and Monument isn't one. Wouldn't it make sense to
make it one while the passageway is closed? (It's all very well
saying to change elsewhere, but that isn't overly practical if you
want the DLR).

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Walter Briscoe December 9th 08 09:32 PM

Marylebone (LU) - Marylebone (NR) : Valid OOS Oyster interchange ?

In message of Tue, 9 Dec 2008
21:35:54 in uk.transport.london, Neil Williams
writes
wrote:

Have a look at http://www.dragondark.co.uk/osi/osi.htm for more.

I note that Bank and Monument isn't one. Wouldn't it make sense to
make it one while the passageway is closed? (It's all very well
saying to change elsewhere, but that isn't overly practical if you
want the DLR).

I was told by gateline staff at Mansion House the following are
temporary OSI with 30 minute timers: Bank to Cannon Street, Mansion
House, and Monument. I have not confirmed it.
Without it, the network-wide advice to interchange at Cannon Street or
Mansion House makes no sense. I find it OUTRAGEOUS that LU applies
undocumented pricing rules.
OTOH, a SAMF (ticket seller) at Monument knew about the interchange with
Bank but denied the others.
I recently added SAMF - Station Assistant Multi-Function and SCRA -
Station Control Room Assistant to my LU jargon dictionary. ;)

You can always ask at the web site
https://custserv.tfl.gov.uk/icss_csip/init.do and report back - I have
no confidence in 020 7222 1234 to give correct answers to such
questions. If answer from web site turns out wrong, you have evidence
for a complaint. My current effort asks them to have consistent flash
photography rules. Conditions of carriage say no; BTP at Westminster
assisting tourists to take flash photos in ticket hall said not on
platforms; Traffic Circular 49 - I found one lying around in a ticket
hall - says no on platforms and OK elsewhere at Station Supervisor's
discretion.
--
Walter Briscoe

MIG December 9th 08 10:21 PM

Marylebone (LU) - Marylebone (NR) : Valid OOS Oyster interchange?

On Dec 9, 9:57*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 21:35:54 GMT, (Neil

wrote:

Have a look at *http://www.dragondark.co.uk/osi/osi.htmfor more.

I note that Bank and Monument isn't one. *Wouldn't it make sense to
make it one while the passageway is closed? *(It's all very well
saying to change elsewhere, but that isn't overly practical if you
want the DLR).

I understand that there is a temporary OSI in place at Bank / Monument
and also with Cannon St - for Oyster PAYG. *The list covers permanent
OSIs.

While queuing at Bank recently, I witnessed "customer" after
"customer" being advised that they wouldn't be charged twice. I think
this explanation is a full time job for several staff.