Old December 10th 08, 09:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default High Frequency Services map

I have noticed on tube stations a map called "High Frequency Services"
which shows the tube AND National Rail services. At last visitors to
London will be able to see that there are train services in South
London!
I think this map is better that the "London Connections" map as it
shows popular destinations with frequent train in a bold outline.It is
clearer to read.
Could this map not be used as the standard London train services map,
and not alongside a seperate tube map.
Well done to tfl for at last showing all London train routes on the
tube platforms.

John

Old December 10th 08, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Dec, 09:20, wrote:
I have noticed on tube stations a map called "High Frequency Services"
which shows the tube AND * National Rail services. At last visitors to
London will be able to see that there are train services in South
London!
I think this map is better that the "London Connections" map as it
shows popular destinations with frequent train in a bold outline.It is
clearer to read.
Could this map not be used as the standard London train services map,
and not alongside a seperate tube map.

It's been around for several years now, and is online he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...rvices-map.pdf

It'd be a lot more useful (if more embarrassing) if it only
highlighted services with a decent frequency all day every day, rather
than just daytime, which few NR services have.

Old December 10th 08, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Recliner" gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

I have noticed on tube stations a map called "High Frequency Services"
which shows the tube AND National Rail services. At last visitors to
London will be able to see that there are train services in South
London!

I asked for a map like this about 5 years ago. I hope:
- that it will be given away, not just put on walls - that the
criterion for high frequency is trains at no more than 10 minute
intervals between 07.30 and 19.30.

Would all branches of the Undergorund pass that test? For example, I
doubt that Amersham and Chesham services achieve that frequency.

They won't. Some stations on those lines don't even get 10min frequency
in the morning/evening peaks.

Old December 10th 08, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 10, 11:02 am, "Recliner" wrote:
"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message

wrote:
I have noticed on tube stations a map called "High Frequency
Services" which shows the tube AND National Rail services. At last
visitors to London will be able to see that there are train services
in South London!

I asked for a map like this about 5 years ago.
I hope:
- that it will be given away, not just put on walls
- that the criterion for high frequency is trains at no more than 10
minute intervals between 07.30 and 19.30.

Would all branches of the Undergorund pass that test? For example, I
doubt that Amersham and Chesham services achieve that frequency.

The north london line certainly wouldn't.

B2003
Old December 10th 08, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:02:46 -0000, "Recliner"
wrote:

Would all branches of the Undergorund pass that test? For example, I
doubt that Amersham and Chesham services achieve that frequency.

Nor does the Circle Line half the time. Nor (timetabled) most of
LOROL.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old December 10th 08, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
I have noticed on tube stations a map called "High Frequency
Services" which shows the tube AND National Rail services. At
last visitors to London will be able to see that there are train
services in South London!
I asked for a map like this about 5 years ago.
I hope:
- that it will be given away, not just put on walls
- that the criterion for high frequency is trains at no more than
10 minute intervals between 07.30 and 19.30.
Would all branches of the Undergorund pass that test? For example, I
doubt that Amersham and Chesham services achieve that frequency.

The north london line certainly wouldn't.

B2003

Although much of it soon will... (Stratford to Willesden Junction)

Not quite. Although there will be 6 trains per hour, I understand the draft
timetable to have, in each 30 minutes, intervals of 10, 5 and 15 minutes
eastbound and 12, 8 and 10 westbound.

However, TfL's definition of a "high frequency service" has been 15 minutes
for several years, so they do qualify for inclusion on the map.

Does anyone know whether the latest map is available yet in the London
Transport Museum shop? When I last looked a few months ago, they still had
an edition that predated Heathrow T5, blaming "TfL" for the situation, as
though the Museum was run by some other body.
--
Richard J.