London Banter

-   -   Has anyone had any luck reporting street faults on websites? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7474-has-anyone-had-any-luck.html)

John Rowland January 17th 09 03:43 PM

Has anyone had any luck reporting street faults on websites?

I have told several councils about missing No Entry signs (a potentially
lethal fault if ever there was one) but they don't seem to care. Do they
even read the messages? Can I get them prosecuted by some national body for
ignoring lethal faults which they have been told about?

MIG January 17th 09 05:02 PM

Has anyone had any luck reporting street faults on websites?

On Jan 17, 3:43*pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I have told several councils about missing No Entry signs (a potentially
lethal fault if ever there was one) but they don't seem to care. Do they
even read the messages? Can I get them prosecuted by some national body for
ignoring lethal faults which they have been told about?

Funnily enough, only last week I reported a road problem to Greenwich
Council and got a quick response and a follow-up after they did a
visit to the site the next day.

It wasn't about No Entry signs though.

[email protected] January 17th 09 05:27 PM

Has anyone had any luck reporting street faults on websites?

I reported a traffic light fault to TFL a couple of years ago. The
lights would only give you a green phase between midnight and 0600 if
it detected your prescence. The detector was broken so you had to go
through on red. Very carefully obviously and before you ask one night
a panda car was behind me. I explained the situation and he said i
caould go.

When I reported it they fixed it within about a week - not bad.

David Constable January 17th 09 05:43 PM

John Rowland wrote:
I have told several councils about missing No Entry signs (a potentially
lethal fault if ever there was one) but they don't seem to care. Do they
even read the messages? Can I get them prosecuted by some national body for
ignoring lethal faults which they have been told about?

Have you tried using www.fixmystreet.com ?

Very simple to use and actually seems to be more effective than
contacting councils direct through their own websites.

Mizter T January 17th 09 08:50 PM

Has anyone had any luck reporting street faults on websites?

On 17 Jan, 15:43, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I have told several councils about missing No Entry signs (a potentially
lethal fault if ever there was one) but they don't seem to care. Do they
even read the messages? Can I get them prosecuted by some national body for
ignoring lethal faults which they have been told about?

Out of interest are these missing signs on borough or TfL roads? As
I'm sure you know TfL Streets offer a street fault reporting service
for all roads in London, the notion being that it can offer a seamless
service and thus who controls what shouldn't be a concern to the
person on the street with the 'street fault' - but if the council they
pass it on to does naff all about it then its usefulness can be
limited.

I presume it is a Borough road because I get the impression TfL are
pretty good at sorting out problems on their own roads. Is it your
favourite council for shabby signage, LB Camden?

[email protected] January 17th 09 09:24 PM

Has anyone had any luck reporting street faults on websites?

In article ,
(David Constable) wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
I have told several councils about missing No Entry signs (a
potentially lethal fault if ever there was one) but they don't
seem to care. Do they even read the messages? Can I get them
prosecuted by some national body for ignoring lethal faults which
they have been told about?

Have you tried using
www.fixmystreet.com ?

Very simple to use and actually seems to be more effective than
contacting councils direct through their own websites.

As long as they are sending reports to the right place. I had some
correspondence with them and Cambridgeshire County Council because the
latter claimed they were not receiving reports and it turned out they were
going to the wrong place. It was working last time I looked though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Richard J.[_2_] January 17th 09 10:25 PM

"John Rowland" wrote in message

I have told several councils about missing No Entry signs (a potentially
lethal fault if ever there was one) but they don't seem to care. Do they
even read the messages? Can I get them prosecuted by some national body
for ignoring lethal faults which they have been told about?

It's only your word against theirs that a fault is lethal. I suggest you
ask for volunteers ...

--
Richard J.

Andrew Heenan January 18th 09 12:06 AM

Has anyone had any luck reporting street faults on websites?

"Richard J." wrote ...
I have told several councils about missing No Entry signs (a potentially
lethal fault if ever there was one) but they don't seem to care. Do they
even read the messages? Can I get them prosecuted by some national body
for ignoring lethal faults which they have been told about?

My road had one end sealed off a few years ago; did wonders for property
value, but nothing for road safety.

Instead of a 'no through road' sign, they installed a 'low bridge' sign.

We regularly see cars zoom along the road and lurch to a halt when the truth
hits them. Before the bollards do.

And I'm wondering how many tall vehicles are crashing into a bridge
somewhere, expecting a no through road.

My neighbor told the council about five years ago ...
--

Andrew