Old February 5th 09, 01:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Google Earth - a journey through space and time

Latest GE includes a partially detailed globe of Mars.

But even better, Earth now has a clock icon to accesses data sets from
different eras... so you can see what City Airport looked like before and
after the DLR was built.

Old February 5th 09, 01:39 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

Default OT - Google Earth - a journey through space and time

John Rowland wrote:
Latest GE includes a partially detailed globe of Mars.

But even better, Earth now has a clock icon to accesses data sets from
different eras... so you can see what City Airport looked like before
and after the DLR was built.

Thanks, John.

I'm wondering about the famous censored blob north of Katwijk. If you go
back a few years you can get a proper image of it, but it looked like just
houses. Has something secret been built since, or are they censoring houses?

Old February 5th 09, 01:48 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

[Follow up to uk.media.tv.misc removed]

On 5 Feb, 01:39, "John Rowland"
wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
Latest GE includes a partially detailed globe of Mars.

But even better, Earth now has a clock icon to accesses data sets from
different eras... so you can see what City Airport looked like before
and after the DLR was built.

Thanks, John.

I'm wondering about the famous censored blob north of Katwijk. If you go
back a few years you can get a proper image of it, but it looked like just
houses. Has something secret been built since, or are they censoring houses?

Er, any particular reason to be discussing this with yourself (the
headers of the two posts suggests they are from the same source), or
have I merely lost my sense of humour, or should I not ask?
Old February 5th 09, 01:50 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

On 5 Feb, 01:48, Mizter T wrote:
[Follow up to uk.media.tv.misc removed]

Or not, as the case may be. Hey, I just wanted to join in the fun too.

Oi, Mizter T, you're an idiot, signed Mizter T.

On 5 Feb, 01:39, "John Rowland"

Old February 5th 09, 02:23 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
Latest GE includes a partially detailed globe of Mars.

But even better, Earth now has a clock icon to accesses data sets
from different eras... so you can see what City Airport looked like
before and after the DLR was built.

Thanks, John.

I'm wondering about the famous censored blob north of Katwijk. If
you go back a few years you can get a proper image of it, but it
looked like just houses. Has something secret been built since, or
are they censoring houses?

Er, any particular reason to be discussing this with yourself (the
headers of the two posts suggests they are from the same source), or
have I merely lost my sense of humour, or should I not ask?

Sssssh, stop butting in.

Old February 5th 09, 08:39 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:

I'm wondering about the famous censored blob north of Katwijk. If you go
back a few years you can get a proper image of it, but it looked like just
houses. Has something secret been built since, or are they censoring
houses?

This was discussed about 2 years ago. Some clever clogs managed to find out
what it was in the end though.
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.me...0e7b375aa31faa
Cheers
Jeff

Old February 5th 09, 08:43 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message

I'm wondering about the famous censored blob north of Katwijk. If you go
back a few years you can get a proper image of it, but it looked like just
houses. Has something secret been built since, or are they censoring
houses?

I found this news article (in Dutch) which basically says that the people
who
live in the area are unhappy because their houses are hidden beneath the
blob
and therefore want it removed.
http://www.nu.nl/internet/824632/noo...e-vlek-af.html
Cheers
Jeff

Old February 5th 09, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message

But even better, Earth now has a clock icon to accesses data sets from
different eras... so you can see what City Airport looked like before and
after the DLR was built.

And if you look at Rwy 09L at Heathrow and take it to Early 2004 you can see
that lovely imaging error which shows the same Air France aircraft if four
different places.