Old February 24th 09, 12:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Thameslink ATO Specification published

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/th.../trainspec.pdf

Will also be applicable to Crossrail, and will form a National Network Rail
ATO specification, overlaid on ETCS.

Stacks of techno stuff...

Paul S

Old February 24th 09, 03:50 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Feb 24, 5:35*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/th...k/itt/trainspe...

Will also be applicable to Crossrail, and will form a National Network Rail
ATO specification, overlaid on ETCS.

Stacks of techno stuff...

This is incredible stuff. Especially so when you consider that
Thameslink, and Crossrail, trains will run onto systems with systems
(AWS), and none.

Dealing with failsafe and reliability is surely a challenge.

Old February 24th 09, 04:31 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 24 Feb, 16:50, wrote:
On Feb 24, 5:35*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/th...k/itt/trainspe...

Will also be applicable to Crossrail, and will form a National Network Rail
ATO specification, overlaid on ETCS.

Stacks of techno stuff...

This is incredible stuff. *Especially so when you consider that
Thameslink, and Crossrail, trains will run onto systems with systems
(AWS), and none.

Dealing with failsafe and reliability is surely a challenge.

Not to mention the use of ETCS SRS 2.3.0d which has a number of
outstanding open points. And I don't think anyone has tried
overlaying ATO on ETCS. I suspect that 24 trains/h will become a new
Key Output 3.

A further point is that, unless ETCS was operational over the whole
Thameslink Network, drivers would have to switch between two operating
philosophies.
Old February 24th 09, 04:49 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Feb 24, 5:31 pm, "Capt. Deltic" wrote:

This is incredible stuff. Especially so when you consider that
Thameslink, and Crossrail, trains will run onto systems with systems
(AWS), and none.

Not to mention the use of ETCS SRS 2.3.0d which has a number of
outstanding open points. And I don't think anyone has tried
overlaying ATO on ETCS. I suspect that 24 trains/h will become a new
Key Output 3.

A further point is that, unless ETCS was operational over the whole
Thameslink Network, drivers would have to switch between two operating
philosophies.

But not a lot different to an inbound Eurostar arriving at Dollands
Moor out of the tunnel under TVM430 and suddenly adopting AWS and 4-
aspects. And vice versa outbound.

I shall await further questions from your good self at certain
technical meetings in the near future ;o)

BTW, when I quickly scanned the posts first time through I read SRS
2.3.0d as ETCS SR £2.0.3d ... now I know SR could be parsimonious at
times ...

--
Nick
Old February 24th 09, 05:09 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Feb 24, 5:35*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/th...k/itt/trainspe...

Will also be applicable to Crossrail, and will form a National Network Rail
ATO specification, overlaid on ETCS.

Stacks of techno stuff...

Paul S

This is incredible stuff. Especially so when you consider that
Thameslink, and Crossrail, trains will run onto routes with other
safety systems
(AWS), and none.

Dealing with failsafe and reliability will surely be a challenge.

Old February 24th 09, 07:05 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Feb 24, 5:49*pm, wrote:
[...]

Was that the development budget for the Class 319? :-P
Old February 24th 09, 09:15 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:49:51 -0800 (PST), wrote:

[---]

I shall await further questions from your good self at certain
technical meetings in the near future ;o)

IRSE?

(If yes, I suppose you know that Alan Fisher died suddenly yesterday)
Old February 24th 09, 09:43 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Feb 24, 10:15 pm, Andrew Price wrote:

technical meetings

IRSE?

(If yes, I suppose you know that Alan Fisher died suddenly yesterday)

Ohhhh ... yes ... and no I had not heard ... I see that news is on the
official home page, my condolences to all.

--
Nick
Old February 24th 09, 10:09 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Does this mean the end of the driver.

GOO here we come revenge of the Guard
Old February 24th 09, 10:23 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote in message
Does this mean the end of the driver.

GOO here we come revenge of the Guard

1 Get the guard to do conductor duties.
2 Introduce automation and get rid of the driver.

That's the DLR for you.

Peter