Old March 24th 09, 12:43 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

Adrian wrote:

AdeV gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Guess what single activity they condemned the most?

Retired people living alone at a distance from their family, hence
using up resources that could be used by an entire family. Monbio
claimed that old people living alone consume vastly more than their
fair share of resources. That sounds just like someone we know and
barely tolerate.

Indeed so. But I've no doubt that he has an *excellent* excuse for
living on his own in a 3-bed semi with single-glazed wooden-framed
windows. Unless he actually lives in the box on the driveway, presumably
to the disgust of the real occupants of 119...

Those windows really could do with a coat of paint, couldn't they?

And putty. I refuse to believe Duhg's claims about having converted that
place into an eco-home. The draught through the rotting windows must
strip the heat from the house.

Old March 24th 09, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:

Those windows really could do with a coat of paint, couldn't they?

Black with white frames, for preference.

Old March 24th 09, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

(Steve Firth) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Those windows really could do with a coat of paint, couldn't they?

And putty. I refuse to believe Duhg's claims about having converted that
place into an eco-home. The draught through the rotting windows must
strip the heat from the house.

Ah, but he's previously said he doesn't heat the house, he just wears
more clothes.
Old March 24th 09, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Steve Firth wrote:

What sort of world does Monbiot live in where a ferry is "zero
carbon"?

The Herald Of Free Enterprise was the first example of carbon sequestration.

Old March 24th 09, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:41:48 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

I think it was called "Getting to Zero" it may be on iplayer still.

Fortunately, if I try to use iPlayer, it bitches at me, telling me I
can't get BBC content from here in Spain. Shame.

One
thing that had me laughing was that the family was intending to have a
holiday in Spain and the "team" suggested that they could go to Brittany
by ferry to have a "zero carbon" lifestyle.

What sort of world does Monbiot live in where a ferry is "zero carbon"?

LOL. Maybe if it was a sailing ship, made of fair-trade wood and
vegetarian leather, perhaps...

The program seemed to gloss over how they would get to the ferry and
away from the ferry.

It is possible to walk on/off some of these ferrys. But unless you're
prepared to walk from your canvas home in the forest (remember: real
houses have cement in them, and cement is eeeeEEEEEEEEeeeevil and
creates carbon[1].

It also featured the use of EVs with no indication
of where the energy for the EV was to come from and several pathetic
"Road to Damascus" events in the father's life as he eschewed all forms
of carbon.

Except for the carbon he's mostly made of (after water), obviously. I'm
getting righteously angry just thinking about moonbat and his cock-arsed
"play", and I've not even heard it. Grrrr! Think I'm going to for a
drive to nowhere in particular just to MAKE SOME CARBON[1]!

[1] Please note that, unless you happen to have a large ball of fusing
hydrogen[2] in your garden shed, it is NOT POSSIBLE TO MAKE CARBON!

[2] Actually, not hydrogen, but some heavier elements[3] - but I've
forgotten which ones fuse to make carbon.

[3] If you start getting iron, for gawd's sakes turn the thing off, or
you'll do more than just blow the bloody doors off.

--
Cheers!
Ade.

Old March 24th 09, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Doug wrote:
I have warned DB that you have published photos and the location of
his home on the internet, presumably as an aid to stalking him. I do
hope he takes appropriate action.

He seems to have managed to keep you quiet for a few days.
Old March 25th 09, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"BrianW" wrote in message

Hey, Toomy, what will you do for wanks now Jade is dead? Back to
fantasising about sucking Gollum's cock, is it?

I'd be behind you in that queue (and there's a hole other story there