London Banter

-   -   Beware parking illegally in Ealing (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7739-beware-parking-illegally-ealing.html)

[email protected] March 19th 09 12:59 PM

Beware parking illegally in Ealing

Seems ealing are cracking down on people parking on yellow lines - now
you get a ticket AND get towed as I found out the hard way this
morning. 250 quid to get it back.

B2003

[email protected] March 19th 09 01:33 PM

On Mar 19, 1:59*pm, wrote:
Seems ealing are cracking down on people parking on yellow lines - now
you get a ticket AND get towed as I found out the hard way this
morning. 250 quid to get it back.

B2003

On a single?

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

[email protected] March 19th 09 01:40 PM

On Mar 19, 2:33*pm, wrote:
On Mar 19, 1:59*pm, wrote:

Seems ealing are cracking down on people parking on yellow lines - now
you get a ticket AND get towed as I found out the hard way this
morning. 250 quid to get it back.

B2003

On a single?

Yup. Though I wasn't even parked on the road itself , I'd parked on a
raised section of tarmac next to the road which then in turn adjoins a
normal pavement. I thought it would be fine there since I wasn't
causing an obstruction to traffic or pedestrians. Obviously not. Oh
well, you live and learn...

B2003

J. Chisholm March 19th 09 01:43 PM

wrote:
Seems ealing are cracking down on people parking on yellow lines - now
you get a ticket AND get towed as I found out the hard way this
morning. 250 quid to get it back.

B2003

If you knowingly break the Law and create obstructions and danger for
others why should you expect to get off lightly?

They haven't put the yellow paint down just because they happened to
have a couple of buckets left.

Jim

[email protected] March 19th 09 02:00 PM

On Mar 19, 2:43*pm, "J. Chisholm" wrote:
wrote:
Seems ealing are cracking down on people parking on yellow lines - now
you get a ticket AND get towed as I found out the hard way this
morning. 250 quid to get it back.

B2003

If you knowingly break the Law and create obstructions and danger for
others why should you expect to get off lightly?

They haven't put the yellow paint down just because they happened to
have a couple of buckets left.

I'm not complaining about getting done. I parked illegally , I
literally paid the price, lesson learnt, won't be parking there again.
It was just a warning to others that ealing arn't messing around any
more.

B2003

Colin McKenzie March 19th 09 08:16 PM

wrote:
On Mar 19, 2:33 pm, wrote:
On Mar 19, 1:59 pm, wrote:
Seems ealing are cracking down on people parking on yellow lines - now
you get a ticket AND get towed as I found out the hard way this
morning. 250 quid to get it back.
B2003

On a single?

Yup. Though I wasn't even parked on the road itself , I'd parked on a
raised section of tarmac next to the road which then in turn adjoins a
normal pavement. I thought it would be fine there since I wasn't
causing an obstruction to traffic or pedestrians. Obviously not. Oh
well, you live and learn...

Parking restrictions definitely apply to the adjacent pavement as well
as the carriageway. I have had reason to remind Ealing Parking Services
of this ...

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at the
population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as walking.

Richard J.[_3_] March 19th 09 10:46 PM

Colin McKenzie wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 19, 2:33 pm, wrote:
On Mar 19, 1:59 pm, wrote:
Seems ealing are cracking down on people parking on yellow lines - now
you get a ticket AND get towed as I found out the hard way this
morning. 250 quid to get it back.
B2003
On a single?

Yup. Though I wasn't even parked on the road itself , I'd parked on a
raised section of tarmac next to the road which then in turn adjoins a
normal pavement. I thought it would be fine there since I wasn't
causing an obstruction to traffic or pedestrians. Obviously not. Oh
well, you live and learn...

Parking restrictions definitely apply to the adjacent pavement as well
as the carriageway.

In London no parking is allowed anywhere on the pavement whether or not
restrictions apply to the carriageway, unless signs specfically permit it.

--
Richard J.

[email protected] March 19th 09 11:22 PM

Beware parking illegally in Ealing

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin McKenzie wrote:

Parking restrictions definitely apply to the adjacent pavement as
well as the carriageway.

In London no parking is allowed anywhere on the pavement whether or
not restrictions apply to the carriageway, unless signs specfically
permit it.

In Cambridge too. In both cases the statement is a general one and there
are exceptions.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry March 20th 09 07:32 AM

Beware parking illegally in Ealing

In message , at 19:22:53
on Thu, 19 Mar 2009, remarked:
In London no parking is allowed anywhere on the pavement whether or
not restrictions apply to the carriageway, unless signs specfically
permit it.

In Cambridge too. In both cases the statement is a general one and there
are exceptions.

Like this, perhaps:
http://tinyurl.com/czyoq9

But maybe you are about to tell me the thing the taxi's parked on isn't
even "pavement" (like the similar bit outside Sainsburys)??

http://tinyurl.com/che7pf

Richard J.[_3_] March 20th 09 10:43 PM

Beware parking illegally in Ealing

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:22:53
on Thu, 19 Mar 2009, remarked:
In London no parking is allowed anywhere on the pavement whether or
not restrictions apply to the carriageway, unless signs specfically
permit it.

In Cambridge too. In both cases the statement is a general one and there
are exceptions.

Like this, perhaps:
http://tinyurl.com/czyoq9

The signs show that it's a loading bay, i.e. not "pavement".

But maybe you are about to tell me the thing the taxi's parked on isn't
even "pavement" (like the similar bit outside Sainsburys)??

http://tinyurl.com/che7pf

That does look illegal. It's curious that the number plate hasn't been
obscured!

--
Richard J.