Old September 30th 03, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default New South London rail map

http://www.overgroundnetwork.com/

It's very dishonest. A casual glance at the map suggests that there are 4
trains an hour from Slade Green to Dartford, but on closer examination the
key manages to avoid actually stating that the coloured lines imply a 4
trains an hour service.

Similarly New Malden-Surbiton.

Either St Johns to Lewisham or St Johns to Hither Green (or both) must lack
4 trains an hour as well.

I think Selhurst - East Croydon also doesn't have 4 trains an hour.

Strawberry Hill has 4 trains an hour to Waterloo (by two different routes),
but is not marked as such, so there is not even consistency in the approach
they have taken.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 30th 03, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Rowland" wrote in
:
I think Selhurst - East Croydon also doesn't have 4 trains an hour.

I refer the honourable gentlemant to the National rail timetable.

Timetable result: Selhurst to East Croydon
Depart 11:09 11:20 11:39 11:50
Arrive 11:12 11:23 11:42 11:53

which of course may not reflect reality :-)
Old September 30th 03, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Andrew Black" wrote in message
"John Rowland" wrote in
:
I think Selhurst - East Croydon also doesn't have 4 trains an hour.

I refer the honourable gentlemant to the National rail timetable.

Timetable result: Selhurst to East Croydon
Depart 11:09 11:20 11:39 11:50
Arrive 11:12 11:23 11:42 11:53

The departure boards seem to confirm that.
http://www.livedepartureboards.co.uk...ary.aspx?T=SRS
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
http://www.omnibussoc.org

Old September 30th 03, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Rowland" wrote in message
http://www.overgroundnetwork.com/

It's very dishonest. A casual glance at the map suggests that there are 4
trains an hour from Slade Green to Dartford, but on closer examination the
key manages to avoid actually stating that the coloured lines imply a 4
trains an hour service.

Similarly New Malden-Surbiton.

Either St Johns to Lewisham or St Johns to Hither Green (or both) must

lack
4 trains an hour as well.

I think Selhurst - East Croydon also doesn't have 4 trains an hour.

Strawberry Hill has 4 trains an hour to Waterloo (by two different

routes),
but is not marked as such, so there is not even consistency in the

approach
they have taken.

How much effort did they (not) expend on that map I wonder.

The Bexleyheath line to Dartford doesn't have 4tph? Orpington doesn't have
4tph?

Also it would've been nice if they could've indicated the disgraceful "1tph"
service introduced by the new timetable between Lewisham and the Sidcup line
stations (19:00 - 20:00)!

Nick

Old September 30th 03, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:49:44 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

I think Selhurst - East Croydon also doesn't have 4 trains an hour.

It does (if timetables are to be believed!) - 2ph Victoria to Caterham
and 2ph London Bridge to East Croydon.

Old September 30th 03, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

http://www.overgroundnetwork.com/

It's very dishonest. A casual glance at the map suggests that there are 4
trains an hour from Slade Green to Dartford, but on closer examination the
key manages to avoid actually stating that the coloured lines imply a 4
trains an hour service.

Similarly New Malden-Surbiton.

Either St Johns to Lewisham or St Johns to Hither Green (or both) must lack
4 trains an hour as well.

Add to that:

Whitton: says 4tph, but really it's 2ph fast and 2ph slow, and in one
direction the fast and slows are only a few minutes apart at Whitton,
so really it's two sets of 2ph. In the other direction (can't remember
which) I eblieve they're more evenly spaced.

It's similar for up trains at Ashford: 2ph via Hounslow, 2ph via
Richmond, with both trains in each half of the hour very close
together; but more even in the other direction.

Purley Oaks and S Croydon aren't shown as having 4tph, and neither are
the Caterham line stations; that may be because they don't all run
from London Bridge so don't all fit on the same line, but the same
could be said of the Dartford line routes.
Old September 30th 03, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

http://www.overgroundnetwork.com/

I wonder what good (!) old FirstGroup will think of this, as they
introduced this term to describe high-frequency, simplified-routeing
bus services in many cities (except, oddly, Manchester) some years
ago.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.
Old September 30th 03, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

http://www.overgroundnetwork.com/

I wonder what good (!) old FirstGroup will think of this, as they
introduced this term to describe high-frequency, simplified-routeing
bus services in many cities (except, oddly, Manchester) some years
ago.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to

/dev/null.
Try my first name at the above domain instead if you want to e-mail me.

Doesn't really matter what Firstgroup think. 'Overground' was common
parlance in London to describe mainline services long before they thought of
using it for buses.

Old September 30th 03, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Terry Harper" wrote:

"Andrew Black" wrote in message
. 4...
"John Rowland" wrote in
:
I think Selhurst - East Croydon also doesn't have 4 trains an hour.

I refer the honourable gentlemant to the National rail timetable.

Timetable result: Selhurst to East Croydon
Depart 11:09 11:20 11:39 11:50
Arrive 11:12 11:23 11:42 11:53

The departure boards seem to confirm that.
http://www.livedepartureboards.co.uk...ary.aspx?T=SRS

Interesting website.

I assume it has an index page? http://www.livedepartureboards.co.uk/
gives me a 403.

--
James Farrar |
London, SE13 |

Old September 30th 03, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Steve Naïve" wrote:

James Farrar wrote in
:

"Terry Harper" wrote:

The departure boards seem to confirm that.
http://www.livedepartureboards.co.uk...ary.aspx?T=SRS

Interesting website.

I assume it has an index page? http://www.livedepartureboards.co.uk/
gives me a 403.

Bizarrely, yes, it appears you have to access it indirectly. Try;
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ldb/fs_departures.asp to search for your
station (unless you can guess the three-letter code for it.

Thanks.

That's a badly set-up system. Shoddy.

Oh, yes, it's a train thing.

--