Old April 2nd 09, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default G20 Summit

In message , at 11:39:10
on Thu, 2 Apr 2009, David Cantrell remarked:
I believe that the PM has a place called "Chequers" he could
use if the hotels - quite sensibly - tell the government that their
disruption is not wanted.

But Chequers isn't big enough to host this number of visitors (plus the
people behind the scenes doing all the real work of negotiating the
communique).

And it's said that 1500 journalists are attending, too!

Old April 16th 09, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 25 Mar, 22:58, MIG wrote:

chomp

Thanks for the info everyone. I think that the authorities may be expecting
things tp happen in the square mile as we are being warned not to wear
business attire, stagger our arival/departure times, not to leave the
building when we are here etc. and are advising us, if at all possible, to
avoid main line stations . Sounds like they are expecting some real s**t!

More likely that they are planning to dish some out and don't want too
many witnesses around.

Gosh, how cynical I was. I think that recent press stories show just
how badly it can affect the difficult work of the uniformed police
when people photograph or film them.

Given the huge amount of disruption to the police service caused by
people illegally filming uniformed officers, I trust that enforcement
of the new law will be made a priority.
Old April 16th 09, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"MIG" wrote in message
On 25 Mar, 22:58, MIG wrote:

chomp

Thanks for the info everyone. I think that the authorities may be
expecting
things tp happen in the square mile as we are being warned not to wear
business attire, stagger our arival/departure times, not to leave the
building when we are here etc. and are advising us, if at all possible,
avoid main line stations . Sounds like they are expecting some real
s**t!

More likely that they are planning to dish some out and don't want too
many witnesses around.

Gosh, how cynical I was. I think that recent press stories show just
how badly it can affect the difficult work of the uniformed police
when people photograph or film them.

I see no problem about citizens using filming against those who would watch
THEIR every move.

The truth is the truth and works in both directions.

That said, provoking people (and they aren't just empty uniforms) and then
crying "foul" when they get a slap or a whack with a baton for it seems bit
pathetic.

If one HAS principles, one should be grown-up enough to accept the
consequences of venting them in a hostile way.

I was a right little sod at school; I broke rules I thought were stupid, I
walked where I shouldn't, I smoked when I shouldn't and I talked back to
teachers who were arrogant bullies.

I am THAT old that I got caned for it, or slippered, or punished in some
other way. But I didn't complain, I just keep being bolshie.

--
Brian