Old April 2nd 09, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Drain "partially suspeneded"?

In message
,
Mizter T writes

On Apr 2, 9:14*am, wrote:

[snip]

I see it was still saying "Suspended" last night. Was that a G20
precaution or is the leak problem still going on?

Not a precaution so much as an inevitability - Bank station was closed
for much of the day as it was right in the middle of the protests
outside the Bank of England yesterday. All lines were non-stopping,
except of course for the W&C which just wasn't running at all.

I think Monument station remained open however - of course there is
currently no interchange between Bank and Monument anyway so that
would have made things a bit simpler.

Monument certainly closed for a short time, as some of my clients had
gone through it on the District Line without stopping in the afternoon.
It was closed for a shorter period than Bank, though.

Incidentally, both my guided walks, mentioned on here in advance, went
ahead yesterday with no disruption (one Tower - Globe - Blackfriars in
the afternoon, the other Festival Hall - Borough in the evening).

The only affect of what was happening up at Bank was a constantly
hovering pair of helicopters. Goodness, the pilots must have been very
bored!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old April 2nd 09, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2 Apr, 11:26, Mizter T wrote:
On Apr 2, 9:14*am, wrote:

[snip]

I see it was still saying "Suspended" last night. Was that a G20
precaution or is the leak problem still going on?

Not a precaution so much as an inevitability - Bank station was closed
for much of the day as it was right in the middle of the protests
outside the Bank of England yesterday. All lines were non-stopping,
except of course for the W&C which just wasn't running at all.

I think Monument station remained open however - of course there is
currently no interchange between Bank and Monument anyway so that
would have made things a bit simpler.

You can get *from* Bank (Northern line) *to* Monument (I did it this
morning on my way to work), but the exit would have been overwhelmed
if the Bank exit had been closed as well.

PaulO