London Banter

-   -   Quickest route Piccadilly [Circus] to Leicester Sq. (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7983-quickest-route-piccadilly-circus-leicester.html)

redcat April 19th 09 02:12 PM

Quickest route Piccadilly [Circus] to Leicester Sq.

Hello, while toting my camera around I need to get really quickly from
Piccadilly [by the Royal Academy] to Leicester Sq. Usually, I'd just
walk. But my day is jam-packed with meeting friends and then rushing off
for a matinée ("Madame De Sade", if you must know. I know, I know.)

Should I walk or tube (just one stop! And getting in and out of the
station might take as long as walking) or is there a perfect bus that
goes from Piccadilly to Leicester Sq/Charing Cross Rd? What would you
do? (Black Cab only in the greatest emergency.)

Thanks!

Cat

John Rowland April 19th 09 02:21 PM

redcat wrote:
Hello, while toting my camera around I need to get really quickly from
Piccadilly [by the Royal Academy] to Leicester Sq. Usually, I'd just
walk. But my day is jam-packed with meeting friends and then rushing
off for a matinée ("Madame De Sade", if you must know. I know, I
know.)
Should I walk or tube (just one stop! And getting in and out of the
station might take as long as walking) or is there a perfect bus that
goes from Piccadilly to Leicester Sq/Charing Cross Rd? What would you
do?

Tube = nuts, you'll walk as far underground than a direct route on the
surface.
Bus = useless and slow for this journey.

(Black Cab only in the greatest emergency.)

2/3 mile via Orange Street... with luck, about GBP 3.50 in the daytime or
GBP4 at the weekend, and you'll be able to tell from the condition of
Piccadilly before you get in whether it is likely to go over that.

redcat April 19th 09 02:30 PM

John Rowland wrote:
redcat wrote:
[...]

Beautiful! Imagine, me getting into a cab and telling the guy where to
go. Yay! Thanks much.

Cat

[email protected] April 20th 09 01:41 PM

Quickest route Piccadilly [Circus] to Leicester Sq.

In article ,
(redcat) wrote:

Hello, while toting my camera around I need to get really quickly
from Piccadilly [by the Royal Academy] to Leicester Sq. Usually,
I'd just walk. But my day is jam-packed with meeting friends and
then rushing off for a matinée ("Madame De Sade", if you must know.
I know, I know.)

Should I walk or tube (just one stop! And getting in and out of the
station might take as long as walking) or is there a perfect bus
that goes from Piccadilly to Leicester Sq/Charing Cross Rd? What
would you do? (Black Cab only in the greatest emergency.)

I'd go by bicycle but I guess you don't have one with you.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Ian Jelf April 20th 09 03:49 PM

Quickest route Piccadilly [Circus] to Leicester Sq.

In message , redcat
writes
Hello, while toting my camera around I need to get really quickly from
Piccadilly [by the Royal Academy] to Leicester Sq. Usually, I'd just
walk. But my day is jam-packed with meeting friends and then rushing
off for a matinée ("Madame De Sade", if you must know. I know, I know.)

Should I walk or tube (just one stop! And getting in and out of the
station might take as long as walking) or is there a perfect bus that
goes from Piccadilly to Leicester Sq/Charing Cross Rd? What would you
do? (Black Cab only in the greatest emergency.)

Thanks!

I really *would* walk. It will probably be as quick as the bus(not
that thee's one that quite does the journey you want) if there's even a
moderate amount of traffic and - as has already been points out - the
Tube is a much less attractive option in this instance.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk