Old April 29th 09, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Southern - new services

Southern are advertising some new services, from Wandworth Road to
Shepherd's Bush, commencing 17th May.

What route would this take?

Old April 29th 09, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Apr 29, 8:48*pm, Railist wrote:
Southern are advertising some new services, from Wandworth Road to
Shepherd's Bush, commencing 17th May.

What route would this take?

A bus route?
Old April 30th 09, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Railist wrote:
Southern are advertising some new services, from Wandsworth Road to
Shepherd's Bush, commencing 17th May.

What route would this take?

The direct route to allow that infamous replacement bus to be cut back to
the Ealing - Shepherds Bush section only.

Isn't it just a once a week each way 'parliamentary' though:

"10.12 SSuX Kensington Olympia - Wandsworth Road service and a 16.35 SSuX
Wandsworth Road - Kensington Olympia return"

as on the Modern Railways web page?

Paul

Old April 30th 09, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote:
Railist wrote:
Southern are advertising some new services, from Wandsworth Road to
Shepherd's Bush, commencing 17th May.

What route would this take?

The direct route to allow that infamous replacement bus to be cut
back to the Ealing - Shepherds Bush section only.

Isn't it just a once a week each way 'parliamentary' though:

"10.12 SSuX Kensington Olympia - Wandsworth Road service and a 16.35
SSuX Wandsworth Road - Kensington Olympia return"

as on the Modern Railways web page?

That should be once a day of course...

Paul

Old April 30th 09, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 29, 8:48*pm, Railist wrote:
Southern are advertising some new services, from Wandworth Road to
Shepherd's Bush, commencing 17th May.

What route would this take?

Funnily enough I'd intended to post on this topic yesterday evening,
but I'd been foiled by Google Groups throwing one of its regular
wobblies (serves me right for trying to access usenet via goggle
grapes, I know!). Anyhow, I composed the message anyway and then saved
it so I could post it later on to utl and uk.railway, which is what
I've just done - the thread is entitled "New Kensington Olympia -
Wandsworth Road service". I hope I haven't stolen any of your 'usenet
thunder' by so doing!

FWIW the "new services" are nothing more that 'parliamentary trains' -
they don't really serve any useful purpose for the travelling public
at large, they just provide a bit of an unusual curiosity.

Old April 30th 09, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 29, 11:50*pm, MIG wrote:

On Apr 29, 8:48*pm, Railist wrote:

Southern are advertising some new services, from Wandworth Road to
Shepherd's Bush, commencing 17th May.

What route would this take?

A bus route?

No, it takes over from the 'rail replacement' bus (aka the 'Ghost
bus') for the stretch between Wandsworth Road and Kensington Olympia.
The bus will still have to run between KO and Ealing Broadway until a
new (and equally 'un-useful') 'parliamentary' train service can take
over this bit of the route too.