Old October 12th 03, 05:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
j j is offline

Default most pickpocketed tube stop

Hi,

Last week I was pickpocketed (or pick-bagged) on the tube. Between Holborn
and StPauls, at 8:30am. Curious, what so people here think would be the most
pick-pocket laden area or tube stop? Anyone have any pointers on spotting
people or their scams?

J.

Old October 12th 03, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"j" wrote in message

the most pick-pocket laden area or tube stop?

I don't know, but I've heard that between Finsbury Park and Seven Sisters is
the best place to get mugged.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old October 12th 03, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"j" wrote in message

the most pick-pocket laden area or tube stop?

I don't know, but I've heard that between Finsbury Park and Seven
Sisters is the best place to get mugged.

Why? Are the hospitals better in that area?
:-)

--
Richard J.
Old October 12th 03, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

"j" wrote in message ...
Hi,

Last week I was pickpocketed (or pick-bagged) on the tube. Between Holborn
and StPauls, at 8:30am. Curious, what so people here think would be the most
pick-pocket laden area or tube stop? Anyone have any pointers on spotting
people or their scams?

In my experience more people complain that they've been dipped on
westbound District Line trains than Central; the east end of the
District is notorious for such things.

Kat

Old October 12th 03, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:54:03 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"j" wrote in message

the most pick-pocket laden area or tube stop?

I don't know, but I've heard that between Finsbury Park and Seven Sisters is
the best place to get mugged.

where did that gem of information emerge from?

In almost 20 years of commuting on the Northern end of the Victoria Line
I have witnessed one serious crime which was someone snatching jewellery
from someone's neck. That happened at Seven Sisters.

I'm not saying there is no crime as that would be a silly thing to say
but can we try to avoid creating fear of travelling on the Tube.
--
Paul C

Old October 12th 03, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

j wrote in message ...
Last week I was pickpocketed (or pick-bagged) on the tube. Between Holborn
and StPauls, at 8:30am. Curious, what so people here think would be the most
pick-pocket laden area or tube stop?

I believe that Knightsbridge is quite a notorious station for pickpocketing, presumably because it's (i) frequently quite crowded, and (ii) heavily used by tourists and shopping crowds.

Old October 12th 03, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I've heard that between Finsbury Park and Seven
Sisters is the best place to get mugged.

where did that gem of information emerge from?

An official souce.

I should have said "between Finsbury Park and Seven Sisters is
the best place ON THE UNDERGROUND to get mugged.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old October 13th 03, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Paul Corfield wrote in message . ..

I'm not saying there is no crime as that would be a silly thing to say
but can we try to avoid creating fear of travelling on the Tube.

It may be too late for that since we got rid of guards on LU...
But, and slightly OT, here on the subway, every platform has a DWA
(Designated Waiting Area) where anyone of a nervous disposition can be
sure of getting into a carriage with a guard.
Even in the daytime I've seen women waiting in these areas.

Kat Posting from Downtown Toronto