Old October 19th 03, 05:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Above or Below Ground???

In message , Ben Nunn
writes
I've always wondered just who uses Hatton cross.

With the exception of staff working in the immediate area, anyone going
to the airport would surely use the two 'terminal' stations, and aside
from an under-occupied industrial estate there's not a lot in the area
on the non-airport side.

The only time in my life that I've used the station was as a pick-up
point on my world-record attempt, having just been around the Heathrow
loop.

Anyone who lives in Twickenham, as the local bus (490) goes from there
rather than Heathrow.
Also handy and faster for dropping off people who have little luggage,
rather than suffer the ring-road and tunnel.

--
Martin @ Strawberry Hill

Old October 20th 03, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Usenet wrote:
In message , Ben Nunn
writes
I've always wondered just who uses Hatton cross.

Anyone who lives in Twickenham, as the local bus (490) goes from there
rather than Heathrow.

That is indeed how I've gotten to/from Heathrow the few times I've
needed to.

Niklas
--
"Just imagine it's your initiation ceremony into the wiccan convent. Somewhere
deep in the wood, the moon is shining on you and that cute witch, and suddenly