Old October 19th 03, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Northern Line

Hi All.

Just wondering if there was any reason why everyone's saying the Northern
Line's suspended at the moment between Charing Cross and Hampstead, and
Kings X and East Finchley. Does anyone else think it suggests trains don't
run from Charing X to the Barnet branch, and the other way round.

Only a small point, but it just sounded a bit odd to me.

Perhaps they're going to split the Northern Line in two!

JP

Old October 19th 03, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

J. Public wrote in message
Hi All.

Just wondering if there was any reason why everyone's saying the Northern
Line's suspended at the moment between Charing Cross and Hampstead, and
Kings X and East Finchley. Does anyone else think it suggests trains

don't
run from Charing X to the Barnet branch, and the other way round.

Only a small point, but it just sounded a bit odd to me.

Perhaps they're going to split the Northern Line in two!

JP

I'm sure in the past when ever there has been a problem (signals, points
failures etc) they tend to use the Charing X Branch for High Barnet to
Morden and trains to/from Edgware travel via the Bank branch.

Just makes life a lot easier for the operator to control a better service
until they can provide a full time table service.

daveF

Old October 19th 03, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

J. Public wrote:
Hi All.

Just wondering if there was any reason why everyone's saying the
Northern Line's suspended at the moment between Charing Cross and
Hampstead, and Kings X and East Finchley. Does anyone else think it
suggests trains don't run from Charing X to the Barnet branch, and
the other way round.

Only a small point, but it just sounded a bit odd to me.

Perhaps they're going to split the Northern Line in two!

The Northern Line is split into more than two parts at present, owing to the
derailment at Camden Town. Typically, the LU/TfL buletin is less than
clear, as you noted, but does include the following clarification:

"Shuttle trains are currently operating between Edgware-Hampstead, High
Barnet-East Finchley, Mill Hill East-Finchley Central, Moorgate -Morden and
Charing Cross-Morden. There are no other Northern Line services operating at
the moment."
--
Richard J.

Old October 22nd 03, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , dave F
writes
I'm sure in the past when ever there has been a problem (signals, points
failures etc) they tend to use the Charing X Branch for High Barnet to
Morden and trains to/from Edgware travel via the Bank branch.

Or the other way round. The way the junctions are laid out, it makes no
difference.

Just makes life a lot easier for the operator to control a better service
until they can provide a full time table service.

Right.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: