Old July 24th 09, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Switch from Picadilly to District line, which stop is best?

I will arrive at Heathrow around 6 a.m. on Monday the 24th of August.
The Underground map tells me that in order to get to St. James Park
station, I must switch from the Picadilly line to the District line.
As I will have luggage, I would prefer to walk a short distance. Which
of the following stops would you recommend? Hammersmith, Baron's
Court, Earl's Court, Gloucester Road, South Kensington. Thanks!

Old July 24th 09, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

twixter wrote:
I will arrive at Heathrow around 6 a.m. on Monday the 24th of August.
The Underground map tells me that in order to get to St. James Park
station, I must switch from the Picadilly line to the District line.
As I will have luggage, I would prefer to walk a short distance. Which
of the following stops would you recommend? Hammersmith, Baron's
Court, Earl's Court, Gloucester Road, South Kensington. Thanks!

Barons Court. 'nuff said.
Old July 27th 09, 01:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 July, 23:40, wrote:
In article
,

(twixter) wrote:
I will arrive at Heathrow around 6 a.m. on Monday the 24th of August.
The Underground map tells me that in order to get to St. James Park
station, I must switch from the Picadilly line to the District line.
As I will have luggage, I would prefer to walk a short distance. Which
of the following stops would you recommend? Hammersmith, Baron's
Court, Earl's Court, Gloucester Road, South Kensington. Thanks!

Either of the first two. Hammersmith might be easier for getting a seat.
If it's really busy that early you might need Acton Town for a District
seat.

All those are cross-platform. If you go past Baron's Court you have to
come up from the deep-level Piccadilly to the sub-surface District

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Change at Hammersmith. You can generally get a seat there as a lot of
people are making the change from District to Piccadilly as well (the
whole Richmond Branch).