Old August 8th 09, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default SWT Summer Madness

We took the SWT £10 day-return offer today, travelling from Richmond to
Lymington for an enjoyable day out.

Timings were spot-on, but trains were *very* crowded, especially given
Millwall playing away at Southampton - many had to stand on the way back
(with only five coaches on the return trip).

No sign of any refreshment trolley in either direction, nor any sign of
train crew - which meant that many of us travelled first class without
any opportunity to pay the modest weekend supplement (I waived a note at
the guard when he put his head around the door, but he took one look at
the Millwall supporters and locked himself away for the rest of the
journey).

May well go again (perhaps checking football fixtures more carefully) -
it seems a very good offer for Londoners wanting an away-day.
--
Paul Terry

Old September 13th 09, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 Aug, 21:10, Paul Terry wrote:
We took the SWT £10 day-return offer today, travelling from Richmond to
Lymington for an enjoyable day out.

May well go again (perhaps checking football fixtures more carefully) -
it seems a very good offer for Londoners wanting an away-day.
--
Paul Terry

I also used the £10 offer to go from Feltham to Weymouth. Busy trains
going out, impossible to get to buffet area as floor and gangways full
of people!.
However it was lovely weather and a good day out, my friend went
again the following week, and I booked a ticket to Honiton the week
after that!. Hope SW trains do something similar next year.
John

SWT "Summer Fever" promo - £15 day return during August weekends Mizter T London Transport 5 August 2nd 13 11:35 AM
Old cars or bikes wtd for Primrose Hill Summer Festival, Saturday 25th June 2005 [email protected] London Transport 1 April 26th 05 03:53 PM
Oyster Madness StaticFish London Transport 46 January 21st 05 01:16 PM
Trivia: Railway madness Troy Steadman London Transport 14 December 16th 04 07:18 PM
Bus 283 and British Summer Time John Rowland London Transport 5 February 20th 04 08:52 AM