London Banter

-   -   What happened on the Victoria line yesterday? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/901-what-happened-victoria-line-yesterday.html)

Dr. Sunil October 23rd 03 12:53 PM

What happened on the Victoria line yesterday?

Not that it affected me personally, a couple of work colleagues were.
Does anyone know?

Sunil

Marcus Fox October 23rd 03 02:22 PM

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message
Not that it affected me personally, a couple of work colleagues were.
Does anyone know?

At about 7:30 am, the southbound service had just left Oxford Circus heading
towards Green Park when the brakes failed and the train stopped. Couldn't be
moved as no power to the brakes. Another service behind this was evacuated
at Oxford Circus a few minutes later, and driven further up the tunnel to
the broken down one. Then the train behind this was also evacuated at Oxford
Circus. The passengers on the broken down train then had to walk down the
three trains to Oxford Circus. By then it was 9:00 am. Other trains were
evacuated at Warren St and Euston.

Marcus

Dr. Sunil October 23rd 03 11:23 PM

"Marcus Fox" wrote in message ...
"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message
Not that it affected me personally, a couple of work colleagues were.
Does anyone know?

At about 7:30 am, the southbound service had just left Oxford Circus heading
towards Green Park when the brakes failed and the train stopped. Couldn't be
moved as no power to the brakes. Another service behind this was evacuated
at Oxford Circus a few minutes later, and driven further up the tunnel to
the broken down one. Then the train behind this was also evacuated at Oxford
Circus. The passengers on the broken down train then had to walk down the
three trains to Oxford Circus. By then it was 9:00 am. Other trains were
evacuated at Warren St and Euston.

Thanks. That bad, huh?

Paul Weaver October 24th 03 12:38 AM

What happened on the Victoria line yesterday?

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:23:26 -0700, Dr. Sunil wrote:
Thanks. That bad, huh?

Caused congestion upto and past the 09:30 from walthamstow, the picadilly
and victoria were both running slow, and the victoria was running *very*
slow,