Old October 16th 09, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "Sling him under a train"

Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

(RMT apologist excusing Ian's behaviour coming up in 5... 4... 3....)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old October 16th 09, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:28:16 -0700 (PDT)
John B wrote:
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

Unfortunately I can't watch the video here but if the description is correct
they would have had to call the police if he'd done it to me cos I'd have
decked him.

B2003

Old October 16th 09, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , writes
John B wrote:
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

Unfortunately I can't watch the video here but if the description is correct
they would have had to call the police if he'd done it to me cos I'd have
decked him.

I'm not sure how far your tongue is in your cheek saying that (!) but

Miles away from it. Unfortunately I'm not the sort of person who remains calm
if someone starts giving me a load of abuse - red mist tends to descend.

Personally, I've never encountered any rudeness, attitude problems or
even lack of knowledge from LU staff (and that's with a *lot* of diverse
Tube-riding).

Me neither. I suspect this guy is just a bad apple and hopefully will get
the boot.

complaining about something. There seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to
any criticism to start saying that they "don't have to be spoken to like
that" (like what?!) and - in the recent case - threatening to call BTP
and eventually ejecting me from the station!

You should call their bluff - insist they call the BTP. Or at least thats
how I dealt with a grumpy restaurant owner once when I refused to pay the
service charge as the service was a joke. He got all wound up and threatened
to call plod so I told him to go ahead. He didn't of course - all mouth.

To return to this incident, I did think it was lucky no-one saw you
taking video, or else that might have brought forth a whole new raft of
"problems"....... :-)

I think I missed the joke there.

B2003

Old October 16th 09, 11:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John B wrote:
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

(RMT apologist excusing Ian's behaviour coming up in 5... 4... 3....)

The way to prevent this situation recurring is to make it illegal for
members of the public to film Underground staff... er, in order to prevent
terrorism.

Old October 16th 09, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Fri, 16 Oct 2009
10:27:38 in uk.transport.london, Ian Jelf
writes
In message , writes
John B wrote:
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

[snip]

To return to this incident, I did think it was lucky no-one saw you
taking video, or else that might have brought forth a whole new raft of
"problems"....... :-)

I recently toured the network taking one or two photos of certain
hardware in public places at various LU stations. I got grief at two. At
the first, I referred to the Conditions of Carriage to the Station
Supervisor and got nowhere; at the second, I showed the relevant extract
to a C.S.A, who went away to check with his supervisor, and later
acknowledged I was within my rights. I believe there is a catchall
somewhere that customers must obey instructions from staff. I can't
think where I read it.

It would have been entertaining if the person taking the video had stood
on his rights. I read "4.5. For safety reasons, on our buses and
Underground trains and in our bus and Underground stations you must not:
.... take flash photographs and/or use a tripod or other camera support
equipment" as authority to take other pictures.

I find it lamentable that nothing seems to be done to enforce the next
restriction: "use emergency exits except in an emergency or when
instructed to do so by our staff".
--
Walter Briscoe

Old October 17th 09, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John B wrote:
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

(RMT apologist excusing Ian's behaviour coming up in 5... 4... 3....)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
www.johnband.org

Armstrong & Miller have it right with their RAF characters. A guy gets
sworn at after holding the train doors open and everyone goes mad that
he has to have compensation.

Then, when the compensation is paid out, people go mad saying iy is too
much!

The guard got a bit wound upl but everyone got home and no one got
hurt. So forget about it Chavs! Stop looking for compo for everything!
Old October 17th 09, 11:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Offramp" wrote in message

The guard got a bit wound upl but everyone got home and no one got hurt.
So forget about it Chavs! Stop looking for compo for everything!

He wasn't a guard - sadly, there are no such things any more. He was a CSA -
that stands for 'Customer Service Assistant', not 'Rude Ignorant ****'.

No one is asking for compensation as far as I can tell, just that the idiot
is reprimanded/disciplined for his boorish, vile behaviour towards someone
he is meant to be 'serving'.

Ian

Old October 18th 09, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John B" wrote in message
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

(RMT apologist excusing Ian's behaviour coming up in 5... 4... 3....)

Seems he's now been suspended:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...d-passenger.do

Old October 18th 09, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Graculus wrote:
"John B" wrote in message
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

(RMT apologist excusing Ian's behaviour coming up in 5... 4... 3....)

Seems he's now been suspended:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...d-passenger.do

That was not recent. He was suspended almost as soon as this video was
brought to LUL's attention, AIUI.