Old October 16th 09, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default "Sling him under a train"

Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

(RMT apologist excusing Ian's behaviour coming up in 5... 4... 3....)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old October 16th 09, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 16 Oct, 09:29, John B wrote:
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

(RMT apologist excusing Ian's behaviour coming up in 5... 4... 3....)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot orgwww.johnband.org

Hope he gets "corrective customer interface training"

McKevvy
Old October 16th 09, 11:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

On 16 Oct, 09:29, John B wrote:
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

(RMT apologist excusing Ian's behaviour coming up in 5... 4... 3....)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot orgwww.johnband.org

I can't watch it yet, but award for "most gratuitous abuse of RMT yet"
would seem to be in order.

Unions do not support abusive behaviour. It might be their job to
ensure that a member got a fair hearing, but if the member was, for
example, racist, they might not even do that, and would probably expel
him/her.
Old October 16th 09, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 03:52:25 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:
John Band
john at johnband dot orgwww.johnband.org

I can't watch it yet, but award for "most gratuitous abuse of RMT yet"
would seem to be in order.

Unions do not support abusive behaviour. It might be their job to
ensure that a member got a fair hearing, but if the member was, for
example, racist, they might not even do that, and would probably expel
him/her.

Pity they're not so hot on kicking out sick pay scroungers who , oh I dunno,
go off sick for months and when they're caught playing squash , instead
of fessing up like an adult they come out with some BS about it being
doctors orders and the muppets in the RMT back them up with a strike threat.

B2003

Old October 16th 09, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Oct 16, 11:52*am, MIG wrote:
I can't watch it yet, but award for "most gratuitous abuse of RMT yet"
would seem to be in order.

Unions do not support abusive behaviour. *It might be their job to
ensure that a member got a fair hearing, but if the member was, for
example, racist, they might not even do that, and would probably expel
him/her.

Well, apart from the times, frequently documented on uk.r, where the
RMT has issued press statements in favour of staff members who've been
dismissed or disciplined for assaulting members of the public. And the
time *last month* where they went on strike to support one.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old October 16th 09, 12:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

On 16 Oct, 12:41, John B wrote:
On Oct 16, 11:52*am, MIG wrote:

I can't watch it yet, but award for "most gratuitous abuse of RMT yet"
would seem to be in order.

Unions do not support abusive behaviour. *It might be their job to
ensure that a member got a fair hearing, but if the member was, for
example, racist, they might not even do that, and would probably expel
him/her.

Well, apart from the times, frequently documented on uk.r, where the
RMT has issued press statements in favour of staff members who've been
dismissed or disciplined for assaulting members of the public. And the
time *last month* where they went on strike to support one.

It's their job to represent someone sacked without a proper hearing,
not to condone what they are accused of (whether they did it or not).

I thought it was the staff member who was assaulted in that case.
Old October 16th 09, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 16 Oct, 09:29, John B wrote:

Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

I could not see the elderly man - perhaps he had already left.
Old October 16th 09, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John B" wrote in message
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

This has just been shown on BBC (London) News, with a comment by Boris
Johnson that he's 'appalled'.

Peter

Old October 16th 09, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, MIG wrote:

I can't watch it yet, but award for "most gratuitous abuse of RMT yet"
would seem to be in order.

Well, the video clip has just been broadcast on the BBC lunchtime news,
Boris is apparently appalled, and TfL have launched an investigation.

Powerful stuff, this new technology ...
--
Paul Terry
Old October 16th 09, 03:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, MIG wrote:

I can't watch it yet, but award for "most gratuitous abuse of RMT yet"
would seem to be in order.

Well, the video clip has just been broadcast on the BBC lunchtime news,
Boris is apparently appalled, and TfL have launched an investigation.

Powerful stuff, this new technology ...

It's now on the BBC website (with the video)

Peter