Old November 8th 03, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default An unusual request

Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the letters T,
O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon Street)?

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!

Old November 8th 03, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote the following in:
news
On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:05:10 +0000, Robin May wrote:

Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the
letters T, O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon
Street)?

walThamStOw cEntRal

Thanks!

Old November 8th 03, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote:
Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the
letters T, O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon
Street)?

Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3
Hounslow Central
Osterley
Northfields
Earl's Court
Gloucester Road
Cockfosters

- and that's just the Piccadilly line!

--
Richard J.

Old November 9th 03, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May writes:

Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the letters T,
O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon Street)?

Old STREet
Old November 9th 03, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

JRS: In article ,
seen in news:uk.transport.london, Robin May
om posted at Sat, 8 Nov 2003 23:05:10 :-
Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the letters T,
O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon Street)?

Check firstly all with "Street".

Cockfosters
Goodge Street
Hounslow Central
Northfields
Stonebridge Park
High Street Kensington
Ravenscourt Park
Totteridge & Whetstone
New Cross Gate
Bond Street
Mornington Crescent
Brent Cross
etc.

There'll be a lot more if their real names include "Station"; and, if
"Underground" is also included ... .

If I had a list of all stations, I could easily use DOS find to
successively pass only those letters, after conversion to lower case.

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME. ©
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms
Old November 9th 03, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

From: Robin May
Date: 08/11/2003 23:05 GMT Standard Time

Can anyone think of any London Underground stations with the letters T,
O, S, E and R in their names (apart from Cannon Street)?

Cockfosters perhaps?

Old November 10th 03, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Rob" wrote the following in:

T.O.S.E.R? U trying to say something?

No, but you are correct in your observation that I am looking for tube
stations with letters from the word tosser in them.