London Banter

-   -   Fire ate my Jubilee line? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/9896-fire-ate-my-jubilee-line.html)

Arthur Figgis November 7th 09 08:36 AM

Fire ate my Jubilee line?

Anyone know what happened to the Jubilee Line about 18.00 last night,
which meant that the people I was supposed to be meeting didn't make it?
They said there were reports of some kind of fire on a train.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Arthur Figgis November 7th 09 10:27 AM

Fire ate my Jubilee line?

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 09:36:47 +0000, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

Anyone know what happened to the Jubilee Line about 18.00 last night,
which meant that the people I was supposed to be meeting didn't make it?
They said there were reports of some kind of fire on a train.

A smell of smoke from a train at Canada Water was reported. The service
was suspended to allow the LFB to check the train. There was no actual
fire found. The service resumed at about 1845 or so.

Thanks.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK