Showing results 1 to 25 of 163
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rupert Candy
Forum: London Transport December 21st 08, 11:02 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Rupert Candy
district line closing time

On Dec 20, 4:57*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On 20 Dec, 16:42, "John Rowland"

wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
On 20 Dec, 14:51, "John...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 08, 09:33 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Rupert Candy
Smartcard readers at stations in Hampshire/Dorset?

On Dec 16, 6:54*pm, Mizter T wrote:

Surely it's a tentative (and arguably...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 08, 09:28 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Rupert Candy
Smartcard readers at stations in Hampshire/Dorset?

On Dec 16, 6:26*pm, Arthur Figgis wrote:
Surely it's a tentative (and arguably over-optimistic) step towards
what the Netherlands has - a...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 08, 04:16 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Rupert Candy
Smartcard readers at stations in Hampshire/Dorset?

On Dec 14, 5:39*pm, Theo Markettos
wrote:

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that one of the ideas is the...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 08, 03:22 PM
Replies: 85
Posted By Rupert Candy
Waterloo gateline

On Dec 13, 1:56*pm, Mizter T wrote:

In message 01c95cc0$991a8ca0$LocalHost@default, at 01:21:36 on Sat, 13
Forum: London Transport December 10th 08, 11:21 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Rupert Candy
Reading display

On Dec 7, 10:09*pm, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:
Ian Jelf wrote

You get this on the ECML too, with slow trains from Cambridge being
Forum: London Transport December 10th 08, 11:19 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Rupert Candy
Reading display

Would it be enough to establish a controlled vocabulary for describing
kinds of stopping patterns - some or all of 'fast', 'slow',...
Forum: London Transport November 18th 08, 04:52 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Rupert Candy
Power supply problems at Penge East

...at the moment. Everything (that isn't cancelled) diverted non-stop
(even the stoppers) with no announcements/information at...
Forum: London Transport November 18th 08, 04:49 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Rupert Candy
Power supply problems at Penge East

....at the moment. Everything (that isn't cancelled) diverted non-stop
(even the stoppers) with no announcements/information at Victoria OR
on the train I'm on. Lots of confused passengers wanting...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 08, 05:28 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Rupert Candy
Rare track/routings in SE-land today

On Nov 16, 3:42*pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Rupert Candy" wrote

special Victoria-Nunhead-Hither Grn-Bromley North service,

Why is double...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 08, 11:20 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Rupert Candy
new Tramlink livery

First (no pun intended) obvious sign of the tfl takeover- this morning
at Beckenham Jn I saw the first tram in the new livery. White's still
the base colour (though a wider stripe than before) but...
Forum: London Transport November 6th 08, 04:18 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Rupert Candy
Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

On Oct 24, 9:46*pm, D7666 wrote:

I saw a leaflet tonight. It's got so many colours on it I wondered if they
Forum: London Transport October 20th 08, 12:18 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Rupert Candy
Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

On Oct 20, 12:06*pm, D7666 wrote:

you'd probably want to call it Thameslink 2015*.
(* unless you're in...
Forum: London Transport October 20th 08, 12:13 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Rupert Candy
Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

On Oct 20, 11:56*am, Kev wrote:

Like many on these groups, I try not to believe any transport project
is...
Forum: London Transport October 20th 08, 09:33 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By Rupert Candy
Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

On Oct 20, 8:17*am, Chris Tolley wrote:

I think "Thameslympink" seems to capture both the 2012 aspect and also
the slow progress.

....not to mention the colour scheme of...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 08, 10:35 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Rupert Candy
Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

They've started piling at the southern end of Blackfriars railway bridge (by the old bridge supports) -...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 08, 11:04 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By Rupert Candy
Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

Like many on these groups, I try not to believe any transport project
is actually happening "until they start digging". So, having been
away for a week or so, I was gratified to notice several signs...
Forum: London Transport September 26th 08, 10:17 PM
Replies: 81
Posted By Rupert Candy
378 move and GOB to be DC?

On Sep 24, 10:04*pm, wrote:

So if I got to Denmark Hill station, how would I get to Central London
without the South London Line service?

On a Dartford - Victoria...
Forum: London Transport September 24th 08, 10:15 AM
Replies: 81
Posted By Rupert Candy
378 move and GOB to be DC?

On Sep 23, 10:35*pm, "John Tattersall"
wrote:

Forum: London Transport September 23rd 08, 09:56 PM
Replies: 81
Posted By Rupert Candy
378 move and GOB to be DC?

On Sep 22, 5:58*pm, "Paul Scott"
'Rail Manager online' reporting the first 378 to travel south tomorrow, and
the possibility of Third Rail electrification...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 08, 12:30 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Rupert Candy
Kings Cross validators

Interesting observations. *Looks like there is a concerted programme of
work to get validators installed on at least 3 TOCs (FCC,...
Forum: London Transport August 16th 08, 10:36 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Rupert Candy
NR Tickets from LU touchscreen Ticket machines

On Aug 16, 10:10*am, wrote:

when will LU implement joint up thinking as it is such a paid buying
my £4.80 t/c from the ticket office.

One of the few advantages of living...
Forum: London Transport August 16th 08, 10:35 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Rupert Candy
NR Tickets from LU touchscreen Ticket machines

On Aug 16, 10:10*am, wrote:
I have noticed that you can purchase a ticket from my local LU station
in Zone 5 to Peterborough, a single is about £19.?? quid.

What type of...
Forum: London Transport August 5th 08, 12:19 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Rupert Candy
Default Bus Announcement?

On Aug 3, 6:57*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 09:52:38 -0700 (PDT), MIG
Maybe the voice says "Crystal Palace" every time it doesn't know what
to say?

Forum: London Transport August 1st 08, 09:40 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Rupert Candy
Storage of London tube stock?

On Aug 1, 9:04*pm, D7666 wrote:

I'm usually shot down whenever I suggest new stock for the IOW.

My favourite plan remains Siemens Avanto tram/trains for both
Lymington...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 163

Forum Jump