Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Velvet
Forum: London Transport July 19th 04, 08:05 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

JNugent wrote:

Velvet wrote:

All snipped.

...because you have no effective counter to any of it.
Forum: London Transport July 18th 04, 09:55 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

All snipped.

J Nugent, you clearly won't listen to reason, and seem incapable of even
entertaining the thought that rational reasons may lie behind these
limits, which you may not be able to see,...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 04, 10:45 AM
Replies: 184

JNugent wrote:

Velvet wrote:

Forum: London Transport July 17th 04, 01:55 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

JNugent wrote:

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

[ ... ]

... If you want to discredit speed
limits, then give examples of where they're set too low or too high,
rather than criticising...
Forum: London Transport June 24th 04, 11:24 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

David Martin wrote:

On 24/6/04 9:26 am, in article
, "Velvet"

I can't see that removing
what little...
Forum: London Transport June 24th 04, 08:26 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Adrian wrote:
Gawnsoft ) gurgled
happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's more like telling someone a helmet will Save...
Forum: London Transport June 23rd 04, 12:06 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

In ,
Velvet typed:

It's not just about driving too...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 04, 12:19 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

By removing all signage and lines, I'm sure there would be a lot of
drivers who would feel too confused and intimidated to drive ever
again. This could be...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 04, 12:19 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Velvet wrote:

It's not just about driving too close to the car in front, there's
always the idiot that swerves into your path as an oncoming, or the
one...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 04, 11:01 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Gawnsoft wrote:

In other words, yes and no, but for practical purposes no, unless
the wheels would be locking up. Which they generally don't.

Forum: London Transport June 22nd 04, 10:42 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Velvet wrote:

Interesting that you made no comment on the second snippet I posted,
which came from the designers of the ABS system themselves...
Given...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 04, 10:03 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Velvet wrote:

Q. Does ABS reduce stopping distances?

A. Yes, in braking situations where the wheels on a non-ABS equipped
vehicle would lock up,...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 04, 09:42 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

All snipped, since replying to myself rarely makes sense.

I quote from a few websites...

Forum: London Transport June 21st 04, 09:10 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:55:05 GMT, Velvet

Whether it...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 04, 07:55 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:57:44 GMT, Velvet

I think we're...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 04, 05:57 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Velvet wrote:

Er, actually ABS doesn't really affect stopping distances. It allows
you to steer while braking.

Not convinced by this :-)
Forum: London Transport June 21st 04, 05:24 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:37:33 GMT, Velvet

On the other...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 04, 05:23 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Mark Tranchant wrote:
Velvet wrote:

So in my experience (and I do speak from experience) when you avoid a
skid in a non-abs car and the one in front does have it, you end up
braking...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 04, 07:31 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Orienteer wrote:

"Velvet" wrote in message

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004...
Forum: London Transport June 20th 04, 10:37 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By Velvet
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:08:54 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote in message
:

... because...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20