Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jonmorris
Forum: London Transport February 25th 07, 04:27 PM
Replies: 62
Posted By jonmorris
Southall - Zonal fare rip-off?

On 25 Feb, 15:14, Christopher A.Lee wrote:
He should have refused.
If any action was taken he should have sued.

What a world we live in! Yes, he could have taken the...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 06, 10:16 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By jonmorris
Is TOX back?

Boltar wrote:
Or foreign ones. Surprise surprise theres a huge amount of polish
plates around london now not to mention latvian and lithuanian and the drivers
of these cars can just happily...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 06, 10:24 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By jonmorris
Is TOX back?

Roland Perry wrote:
You'd think they'd be able to nail whoever is doing it in one of the 300
(apparently) times everyone is captured each day on CCTV. Or are the
cameras in all the wrong...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 06, 02:55 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By jonmorris
Is TOX back?

wrote:
Much as one detests the low-life scum in question, I think it's been
apparent for quite some time that the "TOX" tag has developed a life of
its own, and...
Forum: London Transport October 29th 06, 11:10 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By jonmorris
Class 450 PA System "Hacked"

BH Williams wrote:
Perhaps these were the items in an advert for one of the electronics
retailers in the papers last week, which carried a disclaimer along the
lines of 'it is not yet legal to...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 06, 03:27 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By jonmorris
Thameslink project (i.e. TL2K) gets legal & planning go-ahead

Mizter T wrote:
The Thameslink project now has all the legal powers to start
construction - it just needs someone to agree to pay for it!

Why don't they put it on eBay, and say that the...
Forum: London Transport October 9th 06, 08:57 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By jonmorris
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

Aaron Borbora wrote:
Did you ask about continuing beyond Hatfield and getting a cab/lift home
from the next stop? Not and ideal solution, but I might well have
considered it had I been in the...
Forum: London Transport October 8th 06, 10:11 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By jonmorris
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

wrote:
As a matter of interest, as you were going to Hatfield what would you
have done if the security men hadn't asked you to leave the train
there? Also (and...
Forum: London Transport October 8th 06, 08:28 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By jonmorris
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

Bob wrote:
BTP are running a survey about crime on the railway. You should forward
your observations.

I will.

Of course, I have no complaint about BTP here - they weren't involved
at all (which...
Forum: London Transport October 8th 06, 06:42 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By jonmorris
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

Roland Perry wrote:
Those trains don't have guards, and haven't had for a very long time.

I meant uniformed security guards (as you say below, they were used by
Wagn between Potters Bar and...
Forum: London Transport October 8th 06, 03:54 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By jonmorris
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

Peter Lawrence wrote:
I wonder what the guards are employed for. Wouldn't they have been
more use patrolling the train (and checking tickets if trained to do
so) rather than just waiting for...
Forum: London Transport October 8th 06, 12:18 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By jonmorris
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

wrote:
As there was a child involved I would have called the police in any
case. I'm not sure that pulling the alarm achieved much. Why did you
choose that...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 06, 05:03 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By jonmorris
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

Ian wrote:
Possibly they thought you wre a drunk who had pulled the alarm as part
of an argument with other drunks, and that by getting you off the train
they were defusing things? I'm not...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 06, 01:26 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By jonmorris
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

On board the 0036 First Capital Connect service from Kings Cross to
Peterborough, Friday 6th October 2006 (Saturday morning), I was
assaulted after getting off the train at Hatfield station. No...
Forum: London Transport September 24th 06, 05:37 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By jonmorris
Oyster System to become national by default. Is this a cunning plot- shock horror

Adrian Clark wrote:
Could this have a negative effect on pricing, though? I may not be
understanding the finer details of the Oyster system (down here in the
south London suburbs, there's no...
Forum: London Transport September 24th 06, 05:32 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By jonmorris
Oyster System to become national by default. Is this a cunning plot- shock horror

Roland Perry wrote:
Sounds like one of those big public sector IT projects that fails to be
implemented properly. I'm quite impressed [1] at the way Oyster (and
separately the Congestion...
Forum: London Transport September 24th 06, 02:06 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By jonmorris
Oyster System to become national by default. Is this a cunning plot- shock horror

Bob wrote:
If Stagecoach have had to agree to boost the number of seats at the
peak by 20/21% - how come the same provisions were not applied to FCC
thuis leading to the Thameslink...
Forum: London Transport September 21st 06, 11:13 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By jonmorris
Kings Cross or St Pancras? Eurostar started already?

John Rowland wrote:
Have you tried telling the staff at the station?

No. Who should I ask? Gate staff? Anyone at the ticket office? The
announcer on the platform? A PCSO standing...
Forum: London Transport September 20th 06, 11:44 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By jonmorris
Kings Cross or St Pancras? Eurostar started already?

What's going on with the work at Kings Cross for the H&C, Met & Circle
lines? Is there anyone overseeing the work as it progresses?

Apart from the slow gates that ensure nice long queues in the...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 06, 05:47 PM
Replies: 112
Posted By jonmorris
2 jailed for railway graffiti

Pyromancer wrote:
It seems that most of the users spit it out, if the streets and
pavements are any guide. If something can't be used without endangering
public health, it shouldn't be used at...
Forum: London Transport September 3rd 06, 10:05 PM
Replies: 112
Posted By jonmorris
2 jailed for railway graffiti

David Hansen wrote:
Unless things have changed recently, without my noticing it, police
officers are still civilians.

The desk staff can have little or no training, giving completely
incorrect...
Forum: London Transport September 3rd 06, 10:52 AM
Replies: 112
Posted By jonmorris
2 jailed for railway graffiti

Jack May wrote:
Wrong, the crime rates have gone down significantly as the number of
prisoners has gone up. Its a little harder, though not impossible to
commit a crime when you are in...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 06, 12:00 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By jonmorris
Tube could close in future heatwaves

victormeldrewsyoungerbrother wrote:
Doesn't anyone here ever go in a supermarket? A six pack of 500ml
mineral waters costs about £2 (supermarket own brand). Buying in bulk
reduces the...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 06, 09:57 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By jonmorris
Tube could close in future heatwaves

Paul Weaver wrote:
When it reaches 45C I'll start to worry, temperature in the med never
drops below 30C in summer.

We have poorly ventilated trains and that's a problem, but to buy/lease
new...
Forum: London Transport February 15th 06, 10:12 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By jonmorris
Silverlink Metro transfers to Tfl Nov 2007

Dave Hillam wrote:
They have had them on WAGN for some time now, though to start with an
Oystercard with a photocard was regarded by some WAGN RPIs as valid
without checking with the reader,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32

Forum Jump