Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Spiro
Forum: London Transport August 31st 05, 04:15 AM
Replies: 50
Posted By David Spiro
Gas (petrol) prices, and public transport.

"Clive" wrote in message
In message , David Spiro
Forum: London Transport August 30th 05, 08:18 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By David Spiro
Gas (petrol) prices, and public transport.

So neither the American who mentioned US vehicle inspections, or I who
mentioned MOTs, were...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 05, 07:45 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By David Spiro
Gas (petrol) prices, and public transport.

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , David Spiro
writes

As...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 05, 01:07 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By David Spiro
Gas (petrol) prices, and public transport.

Certainly the high fuel prices in Britain (and to a lesser extent in the
rest of...
Forum: London Transport August 28th 05, 08:09 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By David Spiro
Gas (petrol) prices, and public transport.

Just saw a news piece last night here in the states on the impact of rising
gas prices over in London. While they touched on many things, the two things
that stuck out for me were the increase in...
Forum: London Transport August 19th 05, 07:48 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By David Spiro
NYC and London: Comparisons.

"Stephen Farrow" wrote in message
There's also a subway station (served by the 4, 5 and 6 trains) next to
the
125th...
Forum: London Transport August 19th 05, 12:53 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By David Spiro
NYC and London: Comparisons.

Also, AFAIK, the typical lack of integration among lines originally
intended
to compete with each other is even more pronounced in NYC than in London
where, as has been mentioned, the central...
Forum: London Transport August 19th 05, 12:44 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By David Spiro
NYC and London: Comparisons.

In the pictures that I have seen of it, they seemed to be about
the same width as the London trains,...
Forum: London Transport August 18th 05, 08:52 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By David Spiro
NYC and London: Comparisons.

Indeed. Perhaps the confusion in NYC could be avoided simply by changing
the names...
Forum: London Transport August 18th 05, 07:32 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By David Spiro
NYC and London: Comparisons.

Ironically although it is called the London Underground it has more
miles of track on the...
Forum: London Transport August 18th 05, 03:16 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By David Spiro
NYC and London: Comparisons.

I have traveled the London tube, and found it superior in some ways to
NYC,...
Forum: London Transport August 18th 05, 02:51 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By David Spiro
NYC and London: Comparisons.

Another interesting difference is the almost complete lack of underground
line in...
Forum: London Transport August 18th 05, 01:18 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By David Spiro
NYC and London: Comparisons.

Having grown up in NYC and being a user of its subway for all my life, I was
wondering about some of the differences between it and the London tube. Both
systems are some of the first ever...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 05, 09:29 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By David Spiro
Russell Square question

First, sympathies and admiration to the Londoners for their courage during
this terrible time. Having been in NYC visiting my mother during 9/11, I
have a good sense of what you must be feeling. Of...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Forum Jump