Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony Polson
Forum: London Transport July 30th 06, 11:15 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By Tony Polson
DLR track gauge

"David Bennetts" wrote:

Have you noticed that most narrow gauge rolling stock is narrow, whereas DLR
is quite wide. If you have wide stock on narrow gauge...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 06, 07:14 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Tony Polson
DLR track gauge

"Boltar" wrote:

As I was sitting on the DLR the other day with the train squeeling its
way round
yet another sharp curve, it suddenly struck me - why did they...
Forum: London Transport June 6th 06, 08:36 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Tony Polson
West London Tram to go ahead

They can only overtake each other if there is space, which there often
isn't, especially in London, and even if there is space they sometimes...
Forum: London Transport June 2nd 06, 07:45 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Tony Polson
West London Tram to go ahead

"Paul Scott" wrote:

The plans are then still subject to the Transport Secretary approval - see
Liverpool, SE Hants etc etc

The plans are much more likely to...
Forum: London Transport March 21st 06, 09:01 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

Terry Harper wrote:

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:37:04 +0000, Tony Polson

I made two journeys in RAF troop carrying aircraft - to and from...
Forum: London Transport March 16th 06, 10:37 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

A Woodcraft wrote:

More importantly, they're presumably cleared for higher levels of jerk
and deceleration than trains -...
Forum: London Transport March 16th 06, 02:49 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

"mmellor" wrote:

ULTra pods are self (battery) powered, with no ability to couple
together. The theory is that the headway is as short as 2 or 3s, and
they recharge when...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 06, 04:06 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

Having read all the posts here I have to say I have two issues with the
proposed use of the side tunnels. The first is width. ...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 06, 03:59 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Tony Polson
writes

So what did you mean when you typed:

"BAA are...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 06, 12:19 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

Paul Terry wrote:

Also, please can you tell me how a transit system that operates wholly
within Heathrow Airport is going to reduce car journeys to and from
that...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 06, 08:01 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

I wonder if it would really need to use the upper deck? The PDF I
mentioned merely says "up to four tracks per sidebore". Page 5...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 06, 07:52 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

wrote:

Oops, My Bad. I've lived in the vicinity for most of my sorry
existence and despite having used the main tunnel (obviously) and the
service tunnel - even on foot, I...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 06, 07:50 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Tony Polson
writes

As a regular visitor to Heathrow (eight times in...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 06, 03:21 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

wrote:

IIRC, the top of the 'Service Tunnels' - currently used by taxis and
no longer available to cyclists or pedestrians - is at the same level
as that of the main tunnel....
Forum: London Transport March 11th 06, 03:04 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Tony Polson
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow

Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Roland Perry
writes

I'm astonished that there's so much room! Must have a better...
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 06, 04:25 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Tony Polson
Chiltern franchise aspirations

"Andy Kirkham" wrote:

When this topic came up on an earlier thread I suggested that if
Chiltern were to build a North Oxford Parkway station on the Bicester
line, it...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 06, 09:59 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By Tony Polson
Rail link scheme a priority

"TheOneKEA" wrote:

I agree with you about Oxford-Cambridge. But I was talking about
Aylesbury-Bletchley, or Aylesbury-Bedford, or any number of other
possibilities that...
Forum: London Transport February 24th 06, 06:18 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Tony Polson
Rail link scheme a priority

"TheOneKEA" wrote:

Those Who Know have repeatedly stated that despite rammed roads, poor
bus links and increased housing, the restoration of the rail link Will
Not Happen...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 06, 05:21 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Tony Polson
Rail link scheme a priority

Darren ] wrote:

Chris Tolley wrote:
There are umpteen other East of
England PT projects that should be greater priorities, like increasing
capacity on the ECML, and...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Forum Jump